“One of the Best”
Review of The Spice Pavilion - CLOSED

The Spice Pavilion
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: This new Indian restaurant in the centre of Edinburgh���s New Town has carved out a little niche for itself amongst the art galleries and antique shops along Dundas Street. Open for lunch and dinner, The Spice Pavilion attracts a well-heeled crowd of art lovers, and the interior ��� a modern space inspired by the rich colours of colonial India ��� is a stylish choice for both leisurely or business lunches and a romantic spot for evening meals. The kitchen���s philosophy is to take away the focus from heat and shift it to herbs and spices, giving the curries at The Spice Pavilion lovely fresh flavours which are complimented by an impressive range of wines from Australia and Italy.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very attractive decor, spotlessly clean. Tables nicely spaced out rather than cramped together. The food was just excellent, service friendly and efficient. Obviously a restaurant which takes pride in their standards. Will certainly return. Would recommend booking.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The best Indian in Edinburgh in my view (only Tanjore comes close). Zingy, tasty food with superb spicing. Each dish shines - the Sambal Murgh and Aubergine Dopiaza in particular.

We are here once a month and the standard is always high. The lady who owns it runs a tight ship and makes you feel welcome.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This restaurant was right around the corner from my hotel, so on my first night in Edinburgh, I opted to go here for dinner.

I ordered a starter and a main course. The starter was really good, spicy but not so hot that it killed the could taste. The main course was really hot, but that was what you get when you order lamb masala. There was enough food that I was full and even had to leave a little on the plate when I was finished. As always, I order mango lassi when I go to Indian restaurants, and the one I got here was good, but not f exceptionally good. And the reason why I always order mango lassi, is because it so good at putting out the fire in the mouth, that the strong dishes can start.

The staff was really friendly. However the male waiter seemed very shy/introvert and talked in a VERY low voice. Even though I have no problems hearing, it was difficult for me to hear and understand him. I think that is why some people have stated that there is a "rude" waiter. Also he asked if I wanted some bread, but neglected to mention the price. Not that it was much, but for me it's a principle.

All in all I would have given it 4.5 star, but feel that I can't justify to give it 5, so I have to end at 4. However, I would really recommend it, since it is good food.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We ate at Spice Pavilion last night. Very quiet Tuesday night. Staff could not have been more helpful. Restaurant was clean & tidy. Food was awesome, all freshly cooked. We are very regular and particular Indian food eaters and coming from Glasgow have a multitude of outlets to choose from. If Spice relocated to Glasgow they would definitely be in top 3 Indian restaurants for quality, price and service.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had a most enjoyable evening at the Spice Pavilion. The welcome was warm and service friendly and attentive, crowned by the charming Italian owner. The room is attractive and tables well-spaced. our lamb, chicken and vegetable dishes were all well-spiced and excellent, with good quality cuts of meat. The wine list was good value and matched the food. We intend to return.