Travelodge Edinburgh Central Rose Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
    Rabble Rooms(Edinburgh)
    • Breakfast included
    View Hotel
      All reviewsgreat locationtravel lodgeprinces streetcorner roombreakfast boxbars and restaurantshuge roomfourth floorwhat it says on the tinyour doorsteptrain stationcity breakcomfortable bedbudget hotelshort staystreet noiseearly check
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a room on one of the top floor which was quiet even though we stayed over the weekend, very spacious with typical Travelodge facilities really. Great location close to Princes Street and my friend and I could easily walk to all the attractions for nearby. My room was very good but my friend's one was only on the second floor and closer to restaurant. Her room was much noisier so I would definitely recommend asking for one on the top floors. Would use it as a base when visiting for Edinburgh again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
      1  Thank Ellsee79
      Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great location, great price. Once restaurant opens downstairs the smell in the corridors and rooms is unbearable-even in our new room on 3rd floor. The room on first floor actually had smoke from cooking in room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
      Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
      1  Thank Paul M
      TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Edinburgh Central Rose Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We are sorry to learn you found your room had an unpleasant smell due to the restaurant downstairs Paul M. We would not expect the food in the Bar Café to affect our customers and our staff are expected to notice any smells around the hotel. We will be sure to pass this onto our hotel management team so that they can investigate further.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Lived here about 8 days whilst in Edinburgh on a business run.
      To be honest - its a cheap and cheerful place. If you expect a lot - go to the Hilton!
      I lived in room 307 and then asked for a quieter room and was offered 308 - you can potentially get a snooker table in here and play snooker - huge !
      The call centre is uncivilised - they appear to be a bunch of former prisoners out on parole who have absolutely no idea of what speaking in a civil manner means. This remains the only reason I mark this "average" and not anything more.
      The rooms don't have a telephone in them- if you need one - use a mobile - simply.
      Sheets appeared to be changed every second day - to be honest it did not matter since I was so exhausted and needed a place to sleep!
      Bathrooms are clean - 307 has an old - bit of a crack in the shower bathroom but 308 is adequate.
      Would I go again - sure - avoid the call centre though.
      Would I recommend - potentially- again - avoiding the call centre !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
      Reviewed January 27, 2014

Cheap & cheerful. Very basic as you would expect but couldn't fault it. When I entered the room, I was pleasantly surprised. They had given us 1 of the corner rooms looking directly onto Rose St. It was massive. Plenty of room. Had been newly refurbished with secondary glazing so couldn't hear a thing from the street below. Massive new comfy bed & new shower room. Really nice & at £29 a real bargain. Will definitely return & would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
      Reviewed January 27, 2014

2nd Travelodge in Ediniburgh I've stayed at recently - absolutely nothing to complain about - room was huge, bed comfy, rooms were clean - Rose Street runs parallel to Princes Street so if you are planning a shopping trip then it's perfect, but it's a 10 minute walk from the Royal Mile so pretty convenient too. Plenty of choices of restaurants and pubs nearby. Observations - Rose Street can be busy at night, therefore might be a bit noisy during peak months - I stayed in January on 2nd floor, not too noisy but I could hear the pub next door's music nights. I was on a training course and needed to study in the eveninings - the table is fine but there isn't much lighting over the table itself - I bought a spotlight for £3 from a nearby shop - sorted the problem. Staff were pleasant enough and place was reasonably clean generally. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo