“just try it”

Omar Khayyam Indian Restaurant
Ranked #340 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West End
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“just try it”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

2nd time been here, and the 2nd time unable to finish the portion, , huge chunks of lamb that melted in my mouth,
will be back next time i'm through

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ricky h

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“If what you want isnt on the menu - ask.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was made a beautiful lamb saag gosht, my friend had a lamb tikka which he thought was really tasty. Very quiet Wednesday night when we went, service was attentive, not much atmosphere but the food made up for it. Imagine it will be busy on a weekend.

Visited January 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Myself and my fiance ate here while on a short break to Edinburgh - I had been raving about it having previously visited many years ago. Our starters were good although we were charged over £4 for poppadoms and spiced onions (something that most restaurants give you free) our mains came and I could tell my chicken korma had been reheated however it tasted fine so I continued to eat until I found a "little black curly hair" to my horror ! I immediately called for the manager for him to ask me "what do you want me to do?" I was at this point sick to my stomach and Just wanted out - had previously suggested this restaurant to many people - now I will tell them to stay clear!

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank Charmainestirling
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Out of this world”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food here is amazing but make sure you book a table.

This was our 3-4th visit during a weekend away in Edinburgh; in fact we cannot go to Edinburgh now without going here to eat. All through our meal people were coming in and queuing for tables, which in itself speaks volumes.

From the moment you walk in the door your nose will be assaulted with the most delicious smells you can imagine and the food certainly matches up to your early expectations. The service is attentive without being overbearing and to say how busy they were, we were certainly not kept waiting over-long.

The location is ideal, right opposite Haymarket station and the buses into the centre of Edinburgh stop right outside making it very easy to get here and back to wherever you are staying.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic naan, average curry”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The madras curry was just ok, lack of spicies taste, just medium hot...the naan bread however was possibly the best I've had so far...service was ok, although check back happened when I almost finished the meal and had no drink for about 10 minutes...anyway, was quite ok visit.

• Visited January 2014