“Stay here to see Edinburgh”
Review of Oakhill Apartments

Oakhill Apartments
Texas
“Stay here to see Edinburgh”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Went with a couple that had never seen Edinburgh. We took an apartment that had 2 bedrooms and a shared living area. We bought groceries and snacks about 2 blocks away. Very convenient with a bus stop (No.1 Bus) that takes you right into town and up the Royal Mile. Safe, clean, secure neighborhood. The place seems brand new. Was not inexpensive, but was a very good value.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank FMcMullen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We booked a 3 bedroom apartment based on the great reviews in Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed - the apartment was very impressive. Each of the bedrooms was a good size; the kitchen was modern and well-equipped; there was a nice big flat screen TV (great to watch the World Cup matches on!) in the living room; free wireless internet access....all in all a great place to relax after a busy day's sightseeing.

Everything was spotlessly clean and there were a number of very thoughtful and much appreciated touches - for example there was a very nice welcome basket with various goodies such as snacks, a loaf of bread and breakfast cereals; another example was the fact that a boxful of detergent tabs was next to the washing machine. Ash, the general manager was extremely helpful, even before we arrived - in the process of making the booking I had various e-mails queries which he diligently answered - and this was on a Sunday!

It's a little out of the town centre (about a 10 minute drive) but this wasn't a problem for us as we had a hire car. When we went into central Edinburgh, we'd park in an NCP car park '(St Johns Hill) which had a great daily rate - 9 hours for about GBP8.50.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel083
Campinas, SP
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This place is great to stay! The service is personalized, they give quick responses and adapt to your needs. If you are flying to Edinburgh, take the taxi offered from them, they charge the same price as a normal taxi. The apartment decoration is with modern design, confortable beds, plasma tv, dvd, all facilities you need. The only inconvenience is the distance from the city center, around 20min walking, in other hand the area has all services, is quite and peacefull. The welcome breakfast basket they give you in the check in is just a sign of their care to make you everything perfect!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank vikapedroso
USA
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I booked a 2 night stay at Oakhill Apartments based on Trip Advisor reviews. This was my first time booking a stay at an apartment. I was FABULOUS !!!! I absolutely loved it ! It's really to bad that this place is a little hard to find on trip advisor. The main reason I went for this place is because the hotels in Edinburgh were expensive due to the fact that the British Pound is worth so much more than the currency I was using. I felt that I could get a better value for my money here.

We were in apartment # 6 and like other people have written the pictures on the website do not lie. Our apt was really nicely decorated and it smelled good as well. I was taking pictures not only for you to see here on TA but also so I could use them for the next time I am decorating a room.

The apt was so comfortable and clean ! My husband and I were able to spread out and we even had our own bathrooms.....HUGH PLUS ! He put his suitcases in one bedroom and I had all my stuff in our bedroom. We had been traveling in Poland and Ireland so it was nice to be able to wash clothes. We got in late and had an early start the next morning so the food that was already in the apartment food was perfect for a quick bite that morning as we didn't have time to go get anything. That night we were to tired to go out to eat so we were able to get a pizza delivered. The staff make that easy because there is a book in the apartment with menus to all kinds of places that deliver food. The apartment was stocked with everything you would need. There was everything from laundry detergent to toiletries to aluminum foil in case you had leftovers. We had a little issue with the safe and we had no problem getting the info we needed to fix it. We enjoyed being able to watch Sky cable on TV as well.

I really can't say enough about Oakhill Apartments. I wish they were a bigger company so I could have more chances to book with them. If you are concerned about book an apartment instead of a hotel I would say book with Oakhill. It's like housesitting your friends place who happens to be an interior designer :-) I don't think you'll be disappointed !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zetalambda
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This apartment was excellent value for money and looked just like the pictures on the website. It was spotlessly clean, had a lovely welcome food pack and the staff on arrival were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Located slightly out of the city centre but within easy reach of the tourist attractions, I would highly recommend these apartments for anyone wanting 5* accomodation without the 5* price tag!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank J0K0
Langholm, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at Oakhill on Saturday 5 June with 2 friends and the apartment was absolutely great. It has everything you could possibly need including an excellent welcome pack filled with bread, crisps, biscuits etc and milk and orange juice in the fridge. Although the twin room was on the small side it was big enough for the purpose and the master bedroom was lovely. The whole place was spotlessly clean (and I'm quite fussy!) and furnishings are of a high standard. Parking was on site and although the apartments are a bit out of the city centre there is a regular bus service. I would highly recommend anyone visiting Edinburgh to stay here and I'm looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank RowanHolly
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Of the 6 hotels and bed and breakfasts we stayed on our European whirlwind adventure, this was by far the most luxurious residence of all. The staff at Oakhill do their absolute best to make you feel welcome and looked after. Our apartment was on top floor, very quiet. With long light hours in May, we had amazing views of distant water on the balcony side, and the city from our bedroom. Ash welcomed us when we arrived late and gave us an orientation tour. There was a great welcome goodies pack which pretty much took care of breakfast for the 4 days we stayed; fabulous new kitchen and washer appliances, WI FI, great new bed, 2 bathrooms. It just had all the right touches to make you feel pampered and at home. The Oakhill was a 10 pound ride from Victoria train station, and i think bus 35 goes from the Airport stopping almost outside of the drivein entry. It is a short local bus ride from the city centre, away from the crowds. It is also a 10 min walk to the local swimming centre. Huge thanks to Hollie and Ash - definitely a place to stay when you come to Edinburgh.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple