“I don't normally review bars but I've made an exception...”

Bramble Bar & Lounge
Ranked #296 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: New Town
Inverness, United Kingdom
“I don't normally review bars but I've made an exception...”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went here with some friends (three of us, myself and two female friends) on a Saturday night in December as it'd be recommended by some people at the Magnum Bar (excellent) where we had dinner earlier. We wanted to go somewhere 'smart' for a post-dinner drink and they'd suggested Bramble. We arrived in a taxi and entered the bar. I went up to the bar and ordered some martinis. The barman initially appeared to be going to serve me but then turned and said he wouldn't serve me as I was too drunk! So we left. On leaving, the door steward said "You didn't stay long" to which we told him what happened. He was aghast. And said that if I was that bad he wouldn't have let me in! We then went to the Dome where I passed ten-fold the number of door stewards and spent a lovely evening being served successfully. I note other, concerning comments about bar staff at this establishment. Who owns it? Someone that doesn't care, clearly. Quite bizarre.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Gadget52

“Shame about the barman...”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Use to love this place, service was great, cocktails amazing, cool atmosphere. But on our most recent visit, 28th Nov, I doubt we will be back. The level of arrogance, smugness and sheer rudeness from the blonde Aussie "mixologist" means we won't be going back. Shame because the drinks were pretty good. Pity his service wasn't.

2 Thank HolzH
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“RUDE”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Staff chucked us out for singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm actually sad that the staff doesn't seem to have friends or it seems like they don't have anyone to celebrate their birthday...
Drink are REALLY expensive and we were spending loads of money!
What the staff did to us was purely RUDE!
Shame guys...Shame!!!

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank Tania L
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Dire staff”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Although the cocktails are delicious, the bar staff are surly and treat you like dirt. It can also get very loud indeed. So, make a choice : good cocktails and bad service or normal cocktails and good service elsewhere.....

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Notstandingstill
Los Angeles, California
“The perfect pour.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Down some stairs, and hard to find, Bramble Bar is dark, moody and intimate...this is a bar for connoisseurs. The bartenders are expert, and the lighting is dim. This is a special kind of place. They have their own tempo and way of doing things. Sit at the bar and chat with the highly skilled staff; they are personable & knowledgable. Cheers!