“Breakfast”

Lucano & Ross
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Lucano and Ross, in the heart of Edinburgh's Old town, is a traditional Italian Café-bistro ideal for families, couples and small groups. The venue takes inspiration from all that's great about the typical Italian culture and cuisine with a Scottish twist. Our classically trained Italian chefs prepare fresh pasta, pizza, breads and cakes everyday.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived in Edinburgh on the train for a day visit and ended up here to avoid a rainstorm.

Decided to have breakfast here - 1 vegetarian and 1 scottish......

Food and drink arrived promptly and the coffee was good. The scottish breakfast was not bad but the mushrooms and tomatoes on both breakfasts were slightly underdone...... nice "panini'ed" toast though. The vegetarian promised roasted potatoes (if i remember rightly) which in fact turned out to be half of a giant jacket potato covered in a rather flavourless cheap greasy cheese..... coupled with spinach and a couple of undercooked breakfast elements and an overcooked poached egg..... it was a trifle too strange even for MY tastes.

Slightly on the pricey side at twenty quid for the two breakfast and a drink apiece but it's big city prices right?

I'm not complaining or suggesting anyone DOESN'T go there but with a little research you might well find a better breakfast in Edinburgh - which is what i'll do next time i visit!

• Visited September 2013

• Greek first
London, UK
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Surprised at the negative reviews as this place was just what the Dr ordered.

We'd come hungry after a show during at the fringe and had already left the snooty Hotel Missoni restaurant whose staff didn't seem too fussed in leaving us to sit and wait while they flounced past serving other tables.

This place was a great antidote to that providing swift service upon entry. Drinks order made within 5 mins. Food order soon after. It could not have been more than 15 mins upon entering that our food was served which we shoved down our mouths very fast. Absolutely delicious! My boyfriend is extremely fussy about where and what he eats but even he was asking if we should eat there everyday of our stay in Edinburgh. And great value for money. Mains were not more than about £15 and starters half this. This was half the price of the snooty Missoni Hotel restaurant.

Wish they would open a branch in London where we live as I'm sure that it would be a roaring hit in the LDN.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely breakfast and coffee”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been to this cafe a couple of times for breakfast and a coffee. The food is delivered fairly promptly - even on the visit I made during the Fringe festival - and the staff are always friendly although sometimes the could be slightly more attentive

Catterick, United Kingdom
“Not Brilliant”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our drinks were served quite quickly. We ordered food. After 30 minutes, the waitress saw me glancing at my watch I think, and came over to apologise for the wait, saying that there had been a problem in the kitchen. I don't think so - more likely a problem with the order being mislaid! Anyway, 5 minutes later it turned up. Mine was OK for a lunchtime snack, but the ingredients were cheap. My companion had ordered a bacon and egg roll. The bacon was burnt to a snappy crisp and the roll was burnt completely black around the inside. It was returned and another was produced quite quickly and this was fine. The waitress gave the chef's apologies. In summary, it was OK. The staff were slow/not very energetic. Perhaps understaffed? Other diners seemed to be enjoying their food, so perhaps we just had an off day from them. I'm unlikely to return.

1 Thank David H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best cafe on George IV Bridge”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My colleagues and I go at least 3 times a week for brunch or lunch. Really mouth watering selection of hot lunches - pasta all homemade. Great service as well.

Visited August 2013