“A lesson in customer service!”

Yo! Sushi Harvey Nichols Edinburgh
Ranked #960 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A lesson in customer service!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Having just had lunch here I can honestly say I've never experienced such fantastic service! Our server, a chap called Michael, had a real warmth and passion in making our lunch extra special...thanks Michael (I hope they read these!).

Food as always was great - and I must say try the new dish, a brothy noodly thing - well worth it on a cold day like today!

Anyway, highly recommended, always a fun experience sitting at the belt trying to resist temptation, but hey it's the weekend, to hell with it!

• Visited November 2012

“Ok, but lacks character and friendliness.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Me and my friend went there for lunch and we left quite happy. The food is nice, although it's not the fastest to arrive (hot dishes). The Staff could be a little more friendly as they do not smile at all to customers. Overall quite nice but feels a little uncomfortable.

WestCountryTwo
“Second visit disappointing”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We first went here in April and loved it. This time, mid afternoon, the service was poor. We ordered 2 glasses of white wine which the waitress simply forgot. We sat around waiting for the drinks to appear for over half an hour. We got the impression that the staff were unsupervised and not focused on customer service. Quite a let down.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Roger K
“Sushi School”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Well Yvonne the head chef is the teacher and wow for £30 I got a belly full of food and a bursting doggy bag and the skills to make my own sushi rolls in the house. Sushi is for everyone and its healthy the service was great and every question asked was answered !!

edinburgh
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been dining here for some time now and have 2 children and they love this place. My youngest is only one so it can be a bit difficult, but today we arrived and they have got the most amazing high chairs that I even wanted to get in one of then. They go to the same height as the bar and are egg shaped. I have never seen anything like them, you could tell all the staff were excited about their arrival all of whom greeted me in their usual friendly manner which is a really nice touch and my daughter loves all the staff who make a real effort to speak with her and gives her pencils and a little task to do and all kids get a free Doryiaki ( japanese style pancake). The food is always great and there is always a chef on hand to guide you in the right direction if the vast menu of deliciousness overwhelms you. Its a place for everyone and really good value. See you next week!!

• Visited September 2012