“Comfortable Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Netherby House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Netherby House
Ranked #102 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our second stay with George at Netherby House. We were flying out of Edinburgh the next morning so we had an early breakfast, pre arranged at the time of booking. The rooms each stay were clean and very comfortable, and a good breakfast. The B & B is close to Edinburgh Airport and George even booked a taxi to take us to the there.We took advantage of George's offer to park our car in his secure yard for the duration of our holiday. Thank you so much George.
No doubt we will be seeing you again later in the year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were looking for accommodation within easy reach of the town centre and my father in law's home. Netherby House was both. In fact it was possible to walk to see my father in law.
It was clean,well furnished and warm. Breakfast was excellent. At night it was quiet,which surprised us as our room was at the front of the house facing Glasgow Road.We have already made a repeat booking for next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Was very happy with my stay here through work it was very clean and my room was quiet as out the way which was a surprise being on Glasgow road in Edinburgh, the breakfast was good and just the right amount with a selection of fruit juices and cereals it was also well heated at this time of year especially what I needed after out working in the rain and all at a great price

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very welcoming, clead, tidy, comfortable and well located for eating out, proximity to the airport and visiting the city. Stayed in a room accessed from the outside so could come and go as I pleased as well as not disturbing other guests with my early departure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MHL48
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at George's B&B for 15 nights on business and it was a very plesent stay. Very nice breakfast - black pudding and poached eggs are fantastic. Rooms clean, warm and quiet. Ensuite clean. Seperate enterance allows you to come and go as you please. The big difference is the small touches that makes Georges stand out - toothpaste and brush, comb, razor (all the little things the airport take from you!) Excellent place - highly recommend.

Room Tip: I was in room 2, no traffic noise. You get the morning sun which isnt an issue in the winter but as...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The room is nicely decorated and gave a nice first impression. Compared with the other B&B we got more value for a lower price, so I would have expected more. Unfortunately, the head of the bed is right next to the boiler, which made it difficult to sleep in the morning. The fugue of the musty bathroom is open, which is why we were sharing it with a sow bug. George was friendly and all in all it was nice to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
gtt1960, Owner at Netherby House, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Kalabrastya, thank you for staying with us and for leaving your comments, it is always appreciated to hear our guests feedback, the other B&B that you mentioned was in Inverness and even with these minor issues I am sure that you will agree that the accommodation we provided during the Edinburgh International Festival was excellent value for this time of year. However you mentioned the fact that you could hear the heating system in your room, I agree that it is possible as it is on a timer to heat the water for guests that have an early morning departure, this has been mentioned in the past and as I type this we are in the middle of relocating the system to a separate part of the building so that any future guests will not be disturbed. You say that you noticed a bug of some kind in the bathroom, I must admit that I have never seen one and the bathroom is cleaned every day but it is always possible that something was on your shoe when you entered the room, I have taken note of this and will keep a keen eye out for any further evidence in the future. Please be assured that if you ever require accommodation in Edinburgh again, you will always receive a warm welcome here.
Kind regards;
George

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the netherby guest house prior to our holiday flight from Edinburgh airport and found it to be very comfortabl and in a great location not only for the airport but also for the city.The owner George could not have been more helpfull.I have no hesitation in recommending the Netherby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK