“Wonderful picnic”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed July 25, 2017

We pre-arranged for Clarinda's for them to make us a picnic to take away to celebrate our parents Golden Wedding Anniversary whilst on holiday in Edinburgh. We decided to do this as we have visited Clarinda's many times before and always loved it. They made us sandwiches (each served in a little individual cardboard box), fruit scones and a gorgeous rhubarb pie (on which Maggie had put a 50 in pastry) our parents were over the moon with the picnic and it really made their day. Can't wait for our next visit.

1  Thank karen g

Reviewed July 23, 2017

What a nice way to complete our walk down the Royal Mile. Charming atmosphere and they had my vanilla tea!!! Yummy and so difficult to get at most tea houses. Choices of deserts were scrumptious. After having tea here, I had to make sure to take some of their delicious loose tea home with me.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

This lovely little tea room is right on the Royal Mile but towards the Palace of Holyroodhouse end. We stopped in for coffee and a scone and were delighted with the place. Decor is charming, service is good and the scones were excellent.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

I happened upon Clarinda's Tea Room while walking out to Arthur's Seat for a day hike. My father and I decided to stop for breakfast, as there wasn't much else around, and the decor was quite inviting.

Clarinda's is literally the cutest, most quaint place to have breakfast I've ever eaten. I had a hearty warm breakfast of eggs, haggis, toast, and a scone. It was a tasty and filling meal. The scone was excellent, and the eggs were cooked perfectly. The haggis was not the best, so I don't recommend it, but it in no way sullied my experience.

Take the time to visit Clarinda's Tea Room if you're anywhere nearby. You'll be happy you did.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We went there for breakfast. It is a little cozy place with great food, the service is amazing. A must to try is the caramel Shortbread!