“Disappointing, very disappointing”

Treacle Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #476 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar, British, International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
“Disappointing, very disappointing”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently visited Treacle for Friday night drinks. It took ages for the waitress to acknowledge me let alone serve me. She couldn't get the drink right (I asked for a long vodka with extra bitter) and her face was so sour that it would have cracked a mirror. My friend didnt have much luck getting served either. I think this place is too cool for its own good and has forgotten about basic customer service.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Andrea C

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely bar!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lovely chilled relaxing bar. Table service even though was not a big bar which was a nice surprise.

Chilled couches for those who wanted it and the cocktail menu was extensive with different cocktails. Friendly and attentive staff who were happy to explain more about the content of the cocktails and what the tastes were like.

Only bad thing was we sat between tables who both were eating and the food smelled amazing so we were jealous!

• Visited February 2013
Birmingham
“Excellent cocktails!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Went in for a couple of cocktails last night, which were superb. The lady serving us knew her stuff when it came to cocktails. Atmosphere was good and the music was good.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Awful food, terrible service”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friend and I had Sunday lunch here and we couldn't belief how bad the service was. It took 15 minutes for anyone to take our order and then another 3 attempts to get our drinks. This is before we got the waitress to take our food order. Unfortunately, the waitress was more interested in how she looked and chatting up male diners than attending to my friend and I. When the food finaly arrived, it was cold and over-salted. We didn't even get an apology when we complained. Unfortunately, I think this place is starting to believe its own hype. Will not be back.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank AnitaBB_13
“Could have been better”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visited Treacle with my wife for cocktails and a bite to eat.

The food and cocktails were not bad but the place is let down by the atmosphere. Too loud.

Fine if you want a night out on the cocktails wth your mates, not good for a romantic few drinks with someone you enjoy talking to. We both decided that we would move on somewhere else once we had eaten rather than stay on an while away the night with more of their alchoholic concoctions.

• Visited December 2012