“Great place for breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

Broughton Delicatessen and Cafe
Ranked #539 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Cafe, British, International, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Broughton Delicatessen has been feeding lunch to the food lovers of the New Town and Broughton area for four years and has now stretched its opening hours until 9pm Mon – Sat. Why not pop in for a delicious affordable meal to sit-in or take-away. Whatever you decide to do, dinner is likely to be under a tenner with the added bonus that you can buy a bottle of vino from the local wine shop and enjoy it at home or at the deli.
Florence, Italy
“Great place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

In six weeks of traveling around Italy, Switzerland and the UK this would be, by far, the best breakfast we have eaten. We will be back tomorrow for breakfast.

Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“What a find - great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

After doing a quick search on the net, I came across this cafe. I'm happy to say it did not disappoint!

Went on a Sunday for brunch. I ordered scrambled eggs on toast with mushrooms. My partner ordered the ramen noodle soup. The eggs were tasty, the bread gorgeous as were the mushrooms. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and it was exactly what I wanted.

My partners noodle soup was packed full of veggies and very tasty. The rest of the food we spied whilst there looked scrumptious and I wish I had the chance to try some other dishes.

Along with the usual coffee menu, there were plenty of quite unusual teas on offer too.

The staff were pleasant and the place had a great atmosphere.

It's a shame I'm only a visitor as I would definitely make this place my usual Sunday haunt. Hope it's still there when I return to Edinburgh!!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Popped in for takeout - will be popping back soon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Picked up a gorgeous beetroot salad and spicy sweetcorn fritters. This is our first visit, lots to tempt us back, which will be soon!

• Visited July 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Delicious breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Quirky little shop a bit of a way from the most popular tourist destinations. I was looking for a place to hang out for a bit and try a Scottish breakfasy and Broughton fit the bill. The breakfast was big and delicious! It came with a great variety of egg, sausage, blood pudding and more. Very well executed. The salads they had on display looked good too. All in all, everything I was hoping for in a cafe.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fresh and excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I looked for a place to have brunch and found this one. It was rally excellent. So mayny different choices..it was hard to decide what to eat! They have a lot of sweet delights as well as many hearty meals. I can only recommend this Broughton Delicatessen.

• Visited July 2014