“Scrumptious!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Welcome to Oink!This little piggy went to marketLet us introduce you to Oink, we are farmers who specialise in delicious hog roasts from our very own Scottish Borders farms.We are passionate about good honest food and hope you find our story interesting enough to try our succulent hog roasts for yourself.Yours Adam and Sandy and all the team at OinkOink Hog Roast Rolls – Treat yourself to a ‘CRACKLING’ good lunch or snackIf you are looking for a deliciously different lunch or snack then treat yourself to a freshly carved hog roast roll at our shop in Edinburgh’s Victoria Street or find us at Edinburgh Farmers Market.Oink Outside Catering – We’ll go the whole hog for your eventFor any event or party we can bring our delicious hog roasts direct to you with outside catering for up to 500 guests providing a freshly carved product that people genuinely love.
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

It's all been said before, but..: amazingly yummy hog-inna-bun, succulent pork, great stuffing (had the apple sauce and onion/sage), quick service. Just walking by outside was drool-inducing, so I had to give it a go! I'm going back to Edinburgh for this...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,200)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Possibly one of the best sandwiches i have ever eaten. Had the large hog roast roll with haggis. It was perfect every mouth full was unbelievable. Amazing hangover food if you have had one too many the night before. I am back in Edinburgh in March and will defo go again. I may be wrong but i don't think it is a restaurant, but who cares, Give it ago.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We ate here recently after passing it a few times on recent trips to Edinburgh and making a conscious effort to try some time.
We went around lunchtime, however there were only a few people in the place so we were (thankfully) able to get a (quite uncomfortable) seat at a shelf. We both ordered the Grunter roll which was a decent size, though only after ordering did we notice the sign saying they only accept cash. After searching in corners of pockets etc we scraped together enough to pay, though had no spare change for a drink!!
Anyway, back to the food; I chose haggis with my hog roll, it was almost liquid and was spread on the roll before the hog was added, I have to say, if I hadn't seen it being thinly spread on, I'd never have known it was there.
Boyfriend had the chilli sauce, and similarly don't think it added much.
All the same, the rolls were devoured. This is a place you'll be in and out of in 20 minutes or so, so if you're looking to relax over lunch, try somewhere else.
Food was yummy but I wouldn't hurry to gk back.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Love this little place...really good for a lunchtime trip!! Could use some more options though. Well worth it if your going up to the castle, royal mile etc.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My fav takeaway meal in Scotland. Pork Roll with Haggis spread on it. A good introduction to Haggis if you are hesitant to take the leap.

1  Thank tfm2009