“wonderful place in a wonderful city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blossom House

Blossom House
Ranked #165 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Cork, Ireland
“wonderful place in a wonderful city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed with my mum while I was checking out Edinburgh University. We had a lovely en-suite twin room overlooking the garden. Breakfast was generous. Place was clean and the staff were helpful. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Edinburgh.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

My mother stayed here when she came to Edinburgh for the night. Although I didn't stay here, I did go to the Blossom to have a look around and I was impressed.

When we arrived to check my mum in we were greeted by a very cheery, polite female owner, who could not have been more helpful.

Although my mother was staying on her own, and was booked into a single room, her room was not ready, so she was placed in a different room, that had a double bed and another single at no extra cost.

The room was clearly recently redecorated and refurbished and was absolutely spotless- it was a really lovely room.

As for "walking distance to the city centre"... The hotel is situated a good 15-20 minute brisk walk from Princes St. However, it is a straight road from the hotel to the end of Princes Street and is directly across the road from a fantastic bus route with regular buses to and from other areas of the city.

The Blossom provides a small pocket card with information about what buses you can get to and from the city which is a very nice and helpful touch.

Also located only 5 minutes away from the Hotel is the Royal Commonwealth Pool which boasts obviously, the Commonwealth Pool and a state of the art fitness suite.

My mother couldn't speak highly enough of the breakfast and the service she received in the morning.

Definitely great value for money and will return!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
taunton somerset
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was advertised as 3 star accomadation within walking distance to the city centre. I would describe this as one star on a good bus route to the city centre. We stayed 2 nights in the 3 bedded room and i am sure it had not been refurbished. The en suite was a cupboard, but the room was clean. However ther was no double glazing and it was noisy and draughty.The smell of stale oil was very nauseating and off putting. The conservatory was dirty and cold so we did not sample the cooked breakfast. The hosts were friendly and it was cheap accomadation but you get what you pay for and no more,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nuffybear
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have just stayed overnight at the Blossom and couldn't have got a more friendly reception. We booked a double room with ensuite and it was freshly painted and very clean. The ensuite was tiny but was modern and had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. (note: turn on water on left and then adjust temperature on right).. We overlooked the garden and it was very quiet.
Breakfast was served in a sort of conservatory which was light and pleasant. We thoroughly enjoyed the cooked breakfast and thought it perfectly adequate and it wasn't at all fatty. There were cereals, yoghurt, fruit, toast and pastries as well if you wanted extra or to eat a light breakfast. We would recommend this place. It may not be 4 star but it is friendly, comfortable and safe. We paid £60 and got a way better deal than friends who paid that for another B and B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank carefulopinion
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

As the single room I'd booked wasn't ready when I arrived they put me in a double at no extra cost. The room was gorgeous - nice decor, nice size, excellent en-suite.

The cooked breakfast was poor: one sausage, one egg, one tomato and a handful of mushrooms. It was also rather off-putting as there were several flies buzzing around the conservatory. One of which wound up in my tea.

The lady who took my details when I arrived was fine but the gentleman at breakfast was very uncommunicative and entirely disinterested.

If the room hadn't been as lovely as it was the rating would be significantly lower. Having said that, I could've just caught them on a bad day. There are many other B&B's in this area and on this price range and I will be trying one of the others next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Seven D
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife, adult daughter anI really enjoyed our stay at Blossom House. The people were friendly and we had great access to everywhere we were planning on going. We would gladly atari there again. Breakfast had a good mix, but not nearly as big as the Ulster Fry on Nothern Ireland.

• Stayed September 2012
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights and it was perfect. The location was brilliant, the room was lovely, the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. And being students we found it to be great value! Breakfast every morning as well. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family and I would stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple