Got an informative email a couple of weeks prior to visit detailing key code, wifi code, room details.
Firstly, get off at Haymarket if arriving by train, it's literally over the road from it.
Arrived a little earlier than check in time but no problem, key was in the safe and we found our room, which was spacious, clean and I loved the cupboard in the corner that opened up with a kettle, toaster, 2 ring hob, fridge and sink plus utensils, glasses and crockery. A visit to Tesco two blocks away and our fridge was fully stocked.
An extremely hard bed but we slept well apart from the noise of our inconsiderate fellow housemates, but you can hardly blame the hotel for load mouth drunks :) A few bulbs needed replacing in the room but there was nobody to inform during our stay.
Breakfast is great, a large kitchen laid out with pastries, fruit, bread, porridge, yoghurts, jams, juices, teas and coffee or you can take it out into the garden too.
We attended the Madonna concert at Murrayfield and walked there and back whilst watching the massive queues for trains and taxis.
Access to town is easy via the station or a number of buses.....weather was pleasant enough for us to walk.
All in all a great place ideally located for the station and the stadium.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- My Edinburgh Life is a cozy, yet sophisticated guesthouse that offers short-term holiday lets throughout the summer months (June - August). A prime location and an intimate atmosphere makes for a peaceful and pleasant stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your My Edinburgh Life reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- My Edinburgh Life Hotel Edinburgh
- My Edinburgh Life Scotland