We stayed for 2 days, my son & I in separate rooms on the 4th floor. The rooms were comfortable, and not too warm. My bathroom was very small but quite big enough - shower was excellent. My son had a bath with shower over & much bigger bathroom. We were on the side away from the street so there was no traffic noise except for general city buzz. My only gripe was that my room backed onto the lift shaft & I heard every clunk of the lift operating & doors opening. I found that if I left the window open, there was a constantly running fan, the noise of which drowned out the lift. I would imagine it would be the same for each floor, so avoid room 404, 304, 204 & 104!
The breakfast was excellent & well worth the money. The staff were really helpful & friendly too. I found someone had tried to cook something in my kettle, all burned on and the receptionist was really sorry & had it replaced by the time we returned.
It took us about 15 minutes to walk from Waverley Station, Haymarket is actually nearer. The location is brilliant for everything central, and buses are easy to find if you prefer. Would definitely stay here again, though hopefully away from the lift!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cityroomz Edinburgh is conveniently located just off Princes Street on Shandwick Place only a few minutes’ walk from Edinburgh Waverley and Edinburgh Haymarket stations and close to all the major attractions this great city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cityroomz Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Shandwick Place Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Cityroomz Edinburgh Scotland