“Breathtaking, loads of fun and extremely informative!”
Review of Haggis Adventures

Haggis Adventures
Ranked #41 of 259 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scotland's leading tour company offering one-day and extended tours of the Scottish Highlands. Passionate local Guides, guaranteed departures all year round, quality vehicles and great prices.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The tour was amazing! We were taken to spectacular places. Our guide Neil was hilarious and extremely informative. He knew so much about Scotland's history and made sure there was never a dull moment on our trip. I'll definitely be going on another haggis tour if I get a chance. I highly recommend travelling with them!

ExplorerTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Haggis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your great review. We're so happy you had a great time and that you'd recommend our tour, looking forward to having you on a HAGGiS tour in the future!

Hayley

Write a ReviewReviews (3,356)
All reviews
in 44 reviews
"scottish music"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I would have liked to be aware of the extra excursions or expenses before the trip so I could budget. But very worth my money and would come again. The guides have an answer for every question and are very knowledgable.

ExplorerTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Haggis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for writing your 5-star review of our tour! We're so glad you found it worth your money and that you'd come again. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This trip is a good whirlwind overview of Scotland's history crammed in to 8 hours of beautiful scenerely, awesome stories and hilarious banter. That's if you're on Don's bus, at least. His recount of battles and facts are impressive to say the least. He takes really great care of his passengers and speaks passionately about his home country.

The stops on the tour are reasonably well chosen for such a short day trip. The Hermitage (an amazing forest walk - personal favorite), a visit to Dunkeld and a pass through Stirling with a walk up to the Wallace Monument are the highlights, I'd say.

What I was not pleased with was how misleading the trip name is. You'd expect a day with a couple of whisky distillery stops, right? Unfortunately, no. It's just the one. The Famous Grouse and for some reason it's not included in the price which also strikes me as odd.

In saying that, if you're very short on time here and want a quick peek at the highlands and a few other gorgeous bits of Scotland, go for it. Do it for the jokes and stories too. Don't do it for the "whisky exploring".

Ultimately, I'd recommend planning a longer stay in Scotland and doing a longer bus tour with Haggis (definitely with Haggis). At LEAST the 5-Day. There is an infinite amount of things to see and do and 8 hours is such a tease.

1  Thank EmilyRevels
ExplorerTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Haggis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hi Emily,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're so pleased you enjoyed Dan as your tour guide and that you found Dunkeld, the Wallace Monument, and The Hermitage to be highlights. Thank you for recommending HAGGiS tours, we look forward to having you on a longer tour next time to see more of our beautiful country.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Explored the highlands of Scotland with a knowledgable and fun guide (Colin) that brought Scotland's natural beauty and historical sites to life.Just the right mix of nature, history, culture, beer, dancing, parties, castles, churches, stories, jokes, music, pictures!

Wild and sexy!!

1  Thank Ariana A
ExplorerTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Haggis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hey Ariana,

Thanks for your great feedback! We're happy you enjoyed our Wild & Sexy country and will pass your praise on to Colin.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Oh my goodness, I loved this tour! Out of the 15 countries I've been to, Scotland has made my Top 3. Not only were the sea stacks and rolling hills of the Highlands and Orkney lovely, but our guide, Andy Cowen, was the best leader I've ever had on a trip. It's very obvious that he loves his country, and he was very fun, positive, and informative. Everywhere he took us was totally worth it, and I've never been able to say that about a tour like this before! :) If you are considering this tour, request Andy for your leader, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank krystynrh
ExplorerTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Haggis Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hi Krystyn,

We're so happy you loved our beautiful country. Thanks for your wonderful feedback, your praise will be passed on to Andy. See you next time!