“Bits in my Food...”
Review of The Prince of India - CLOSED

The Prince of India
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Bits in my Food...”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Im a very loyal customer of take-away restraunts, and having moved to the area only a year or so ago, decided that I wanted to test out the places around me, and after some time, stick with the best.

I have only ordered 2 times from Prince of India, both Chicken Biryani and was not impressed at all.

The first time I was eating through and was surprised when i bit into something hard... it turned out to be a piece of glass. I complained, not wanting to risk coming across more. They were very apologetic, and offered me a free meal. I accepted this, and was happy to get a full meal.

The free meal then surprised me further by having a piece of bark in it. to say the least, I am not impressed, and not interested in ordering again from here.

• Visited November 2012
7 Thank Edinburghguy1011101

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I used to love this place when it was City Spice. Went a couple of times after it changed hands and wasn't quite so impressed however got a groupon voucher a while ago and tried again.

When we sat down I was surprised to be given a very short limited menu. When I said we were vegetarian and were expecting the vegetarian options that are on the normal menu I was told no problem I could have the ordinary menu, which was fine. However if I hadn't gone there fairly regularly I don't think I would have known there was another menu.

When i asked why they were giving groupon customers this alternative menu the waiter said it was because they were really busy and it was to make things easier for the kitchen. I wasn't convinced by this as there was hardly anyone else in the place. When the food came it was okay, nothing to complain about but nothing like it used to be either. I'd give it 3 stars for food but I was so disappointed with the groupon experience I'm giving an overall 2.

I am sorry to give this review because it was one of my favourite places to eat but not any more.

• Visited November 2011
7 Thank Beth C
“Very tasty and authentic! 10/10 But pricey!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Really got gorgeous food but was annoyed when got bill, hidden costs. It didnt have the feel of an Indian restaurant which is pity cos food was fab

Kidlington, United Kingdom
“Delicious meal”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went here because it was near our hotel. The staff were warm and friendly and we liked the recommendations for what side dish to eat with each main meal on the menu. It was a lovely meal and it was a real shame that I couldn't finish my meal.

Visited August 2012
“"Nice & friendly"”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I've been here many times.. Love the food and friendly staff.. Think this place changed hand reasently! Food still teast same even better! Love my chicken chat puri and KingPrawn North Indian with keema rice! Best keema rice ever! I recommend this place! Not to any Group on customers!