“Outstanding Service”

Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel
Ranked #122 of 2,597 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: .
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I would firstly like to start by thanking our waiter Ross for a fantastic experience. He was knowledgeable and on the ball. Never had to ask for refills of water and when drinks were running low he was quick to ask if we wished more. He knew exactly what we all ordered and in a part of 11 not an easy task.

I move on to the food.... OUTSTANDING. Steaks cooked to perfection with delicious sides. The only gripe I would have would be the price of sauces for the quantity you get I felt it was a bit steep.

Other than that tiny issue, myself and the rest of the party had an amazing time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

What a beautiful restaurant with a really special feel about it. The service was extremely good - our waitress was knowledgeable and very professional, but friendly. Steaks were great but the ONLY minus for me is having to pay an additional charge for fries or chips! This is a pet hate of mine, because if I am paying £29 for a steak (a special on the menu) I really don't expect to pay extra for a basic side. Steak without chips is like strawbs without cream! So. Can't fault the food, service and atmosphere but I won't go back because this practice just annoys me. Pure and simple.

1  Thank val g
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I visited Kyloe with work friends last night and from the minute that we entered to the minute we left we felt like we were wanted there.
Food was superb with all parties discussing the quality and the service matched, so well done to all the staff.
We stayed late and were never made uncomfortable or uneasy about this. All in all a great visit and many thanks.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great location, with pleasant view while eating. Friendly and well informed waiting staff. Seating allows for reasonable privacy. Prices were competitive for this style of restaurant. Food was well presented and tasted fantastic. Excellent steak and beyond excellent apple desserts. Wine list was broad. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went here on Saturday afternoon for a late lunch after being recommended by a foodie friend.
Could not fault the meal at all.
There were four of us and we all had a different steak - all of which were cooked perfectly. The beef dripping chips were brilliant. I had 3 extra king prawns on my steak, well cooked and nice and big. There were 4 very clean plates :-) Even though we had a starter as well, there was room for dessert. Two of our party tried the peanut butter and jelly cheese cake with brown bread ice cream - the ice cream was the only thing that had mixed reviews, texture was a bit weird, obviously not everyones cup of tea but I guess you don't know until you try.
As it was mid afternoon, we weren't sure how busy it would be especially on a Saturday so we booked. By the time we left, the place was quite busy. The atmosphere was good, it was not too noisy and there was no noise from the bar downstairs.
Overall, I would definately recommend Kyloe to anyone who likes a good steak in nice, comfortable surroundings.

1  Thank Fiona R