$266
$191
$633
$500
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the rooms here for two nights and had the lunch menu on one of the days. Firstly the accommodation is top notch, beautiful classy decor, luxurious feel and attention to detail. The service too was excellent. The food in the Michelin starred restaurant was flavoursome, beautifully presented and a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. The lunch menu was also excellent value for money as well.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cumbrialife
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

1st Class and value for money, what a winning combination!

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for a treat and managed to get a special weekday offer through their website which included dinner one night and bed and breakfast.

The room blew me away - Immaculately decorated with individual details like a Rangers teddy bear and loads of reading material. So spacious. The bathroom was out of this world - absolutely huge with a roll top bath, massive walk in shower and two sinks with Elemis toileteries as well as a heated floor. Great views from the room too. Dinner in the restaurant was a special and unique experience and although not everything agreed with my palate it was a lot of fun. The bread was the softest and nicest I have tasted in my whole life. Breakfast was also a delight - smoked salmon and caviar, bacon and eggs etc - served in the most unusual way. There are only four rooms so as a hotel it is small and intimate and we found ourselves sitting around the shared breakfast table with other guests and met some really interesting people.

Great choice for a special occasion - you won't regret this. It is also a great base for exploring the city.

21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Oh no, we have just driven away all the Celtic fans!! It was a gift, promise.

Very glad you enjoyed it all though and hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Having finished studying in Edinburgh in 2011, this was the first time I had returned since leaving and the first time with nothing else on my mind other than to relax and enjoy this beautiful city with my girlfriend.
I could not have chosen a more perfect place to stay; 21212 lived up to its top reputation on every level; the service: exceptional – the attentive staff charming, courteous without being over-fussy; the accommodation - first class, with delightful little touches such as the sloe gin in the room; the location, perfect – walking distance to the centre, but just far enough away to escape the hustle and bustle of busy prince’s street; and of course the star of the show: the food – although sadly we didn’t dine at the restaurant in the evenings (a must next time!) our lunch there was quite simply stunning – not just a meal, but an experience with tastes and textures and flavour-combinations that shall live long in my memory. The breakfasts too were top-notch.
I must admit that when I left Edinburgh two years ago I left feeling slightly disenchanted having had a bit of a rough ride during my studies, but I can safely say that our stay at 21212 along with the fortune of some lovely weather and a chance to soak up the history of this remarkable city, left me once again in love with this wonderful place.
I look forward to returning as soon as possible, in particular to sample some more of the divine food!
Thank you to Katie and Paul and all their staff for an unforgettable stay.

21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

What a lovely review. Thanks for sharing your good thoughts of 21212 and our lovely city.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed November 11, 2013

beautiful hotel in georgian terrace minutes from the town centre but feeling like a quiet oasis
tasteful classic interiors but with a contemporary edge , immaculately kept , huge comfortable beds , luxurious towels and elemis toiletries. Ready for pampering
and btw the food's not bad

Room Tip: all rooms are super
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

As you are too, see you at Easter!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

A fantastic restaurant with rooms in the heart of Edinburgh. We spent 2 nights and dined on one of them.
I think the best way to sum the meal up was to say that it's so much fun when you order and think you have obviously ordered better than your companion only to be blown away by her choice! In the end her risotto starter beat my local sausage thingy (honestly very, very tasty in any case). But I got my own back with the main of filet steak, prune and white asparagus.
If there was one niggle the cutlery is a bit daft!
The service was fantastic both in the restaurant and in the hotel. Highly recommend and we won't be looking for anywhere else next time we're in Edinburgh.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Well, we shall look forward to seeing you again. It's so nice when you find a place that you do say that.....why go anywhere else if you enjoyed it so much? And with so many good places to choose from, that is a lovely choice to have made.

Many thanks