See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Having finished studying in Edinburgh in 2011, this was the first time I had returned since leaving and the first time with nothing else on my mind other than to relax and enjoy this beautiful city with my girlfriend.
I could not have chosen a more perfect place to stay; 21212 lived up to its top reputation on every level; the service: exceptional – the attentive staff charming, courteous without being over-fussy; the accommodation - first class, with delightful little touches such as the sloe gin in the room; the location, perfect – walking distance to the centre, but just far enough away to escape the hustle and bustle of busy prince’s street; and of course the star of the show: the food – although sadly we didn’t dine at the restaurant in the evenings (a must next time!) our lunch there was quite simply stunning – not just a meal, but an experience with tastes and textures and flavour-combinations that shall live long in my memory. The breakfasts too were top-notch.
I must admit that when I left Edinburgh two years ago I left feeling slightly disenchanted having had a bit of a rough ride during my studies, but I can safely say that our stay at 21212 along with the fortune of some lovely weather and a chance to soak up the history of this remarkable city, left me once again in love with this wonderful place.
I look forward to returning as soon as possible, in particular to sample some more of the divine food!
Thank you to Katie and Paul and all their staff for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

What a lovely review. Thanks for sharing your good thoughts of 21212 and our lovely city.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed November 11, 2013

beautiful hotel in georgian terrace minutes from the town centre but feeling like a quiet oasis
tasteful classic interiors but with a contemporary edge , immaculately kept , huge comfortable beds , luxurious towels and elemis toiletries. Ready for pampering
and btw the food's not bad

Room Tip: all rooms are super
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

As you are too, see you at Easter!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

A fantastic restaurant with rooms in the heart of Edinburgh. We spent 2 nights and dined on one of them.
I think the best way to sum the meal up was to say that it's so much fun when you order and think you have obviously ordered better than your companion only to be blown away by her choice! In the end her risotto starter beat my local sausage thingy (honestly very, very tasty in any case). But I got my own back with the main of filet steak, prune and white asparagus.
If there was one niggle the cutlery is a bit daft!
The service was fantastic both in the restaurant and in the hotel. Highly recommend and we won't be looking for anywhere else next time we're in Edinburgh.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Well, we shall look forward to seeing you again. It's so nice when you find a place that you do say that.....why go anywhere else if you enjoyed it so much? And with so many good places to choose from, that is a lovely choice to have made.

Many thanks

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I don't think that anyone could fail to enjoy a visit to this restaurant. The food is unfailingly excellent with many unusual variations to add to the enjoyment of the occasion. The service is unobtrusive and friendly and the restaurant itself is set in a handsome Georgian terrace and provides accommodation of appropriate elegance should you wish to stay overnight. This is the "restaurant with rooms" concept at its best.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thanks so much for the review and taking the time to tell others about 21212.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. There are only four rooms so the room we stayed in was very large and spacious. The bathroom was equally spacious with a large bath and shower.

The only down side was not having a kettle in the room and having to call reception every time we wanted tea.

The package we booked gave us breakfast and this was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
21212P, Manager at 21212, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, Edinburgh is such a wonderful city. We do serve all our teas and coffees to residents complimentary and we absolutey encourage you to call down when you want some brought to you fresh as a daisy with lovely milk and shortbread. I appreciate though it may not be when you wake in the middle of the night but hopefully with our comfy beds you didn't!

Hope to see you again.