Stayed for 2 nights. The welcome was great. Stayed in one of the top floor rooms. The interior decor (room and hotel generally) is superb (classy). The food well I can only say out of this world - they catered for vegetarian diet extremely well. Breakfast room - superb. Both owners (hotel and restaurant) were delightful
So where's the catch......
- If you have heavy bags make sure someone is about to give you a hand! Don't assume there will be someone on hand as this is not a hotel in the traditional sense
- Even in July Edinburgh can have cold nights - the room was cold on both nights. I did flag this issue but it was not addressed
- If you want to stay up and have a drink/relax in the grand drawing room the lights go off automatically at midnight! Even when the head-chef kindly turned them back on they went off again
- Tried my hardest to tip for the superb meal at the restaurant. When I was paying my hotel bill I was told the system can't deal with such overpayments!
- As I left the hotel the receptionist who was dealing with my departure was most stand-offish! This really left a sour impression of the place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 21212 is a Michelin Starred Restaurant with Rooms. 4 lovely bedrooms in a Grade A listed building in the New Town of Edinburgh. Only 5 minutes form Waverley train station at the foot of Calton Hill. a stunning location and property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your 21212 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 21212 Hotel Edinburgh
- 21212 Edinburgh, Scotland