“Roast excellence!”

Cuisines: Scottish, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Reverie is a pub with a lovely relaxed atmosphere - red wallpaper, floorboards, gold mirrors and plants. We offer a whole host of Scottish meals including haggis, salmon, beef and ‘build-your-own’ burgers, all cooked in-house with fresh ingredients. There are over 50 malt whiskies to sample, plus ales, beers and wines. We hold a variety of live music evenings throughout the week, including folk on a Tuesday.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the best Sunday roast I have ever tasted, perfect. Staff fun, friendly and welcoming. Recommend to all.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stumbled on this place by accident. Calling in only for a drink and planning to eat at a nearby restaurant later, I sat down with my drink and was offered the chance to look at the menu. I was really impressed with the atmosphere and it was quite busy too, always a good sign.

I ordered the Cullen Skink (as I was in Scotland) followed by a burger. Wow, it was all delicious.
I really liked the place and the staff were very friendly too. The American guy (reckon your accent is from across the pond) was very good at his job -making everyone feel welcome and valued as well as selling the food etc. Well done, this is a standard of service rarely seen in the UK these days. He was also very good looking, which always helps! :)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

i have been very impressed the 3 times i have been to this restaurant i was really pleased with how helpful The last time i booked here i asked them for the special table near the fire for our anniversary and i popped in before hand to ask them to put a baloon etc on our table which they accomodated and the staff are so friendy .The food is very good (haggis really good)and the pre theatre menu is reasonable priced. look fwd to going back there again they were

1  Thank lorraine m
Reviewed January 5, 2013

went there last week with my friend. The food was really great, especially the starter that with the haggis. They put small proportion of haggis on the toasted bread. I've tried many haggis here this is the best I ever had. Maybe it's better to have it as starter not the main.
The live music was fantastic. The voice of the singer was fascinating, also the best live music I've ever heard, well I mean the live music in the restaurant, not the big concert.

1  Thank JulieFWC
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Was only a burger but very bland chips were hard which would be quite difficult for straw chips was told we would get money off when the bill came there was only 2.50 . Would not return , used to be a nice place

5  Thank cookied_12