What else can I say about this wondrous place that hasn't already been said? I stayed here with my parents on 11 October to celebrate my birthday and from the moment we arrived, we knew we had made the right decision. Ideal location down from the Playhouse where we were to see the Phantom of the Opera and populated with good access to local amenities whilst still being secluded and serene. It was perfect to come back to after an evening out and even more so, when you consider that with your own sitting room, you can sit at peace and as one with the world, drinking a nice wine.
The rooms were spacious and spotless, finished off with little touches of individuality you would be hard pushed to find in the majority of the large hotels. Where else would you be able to find Sky Sports in your room? Something I was especially thankfully for, as it allowed me to watch Andy Murray's match the next morning. As if this wasn't enough, I was aided in my enjoyment of the tennis, with a full cooked breakfast that would knock spots off of most high class eateries and homemade flapjacks, that still occupy my taste buds.
With most places, they don't feel the need to go that extra mile but with Sue and Mike, it seems to be a personal mission statement, where upon they don't so much treat you as a guest but one of the extended family, who have had the pleasure and will continue to do so to visit this undiscovered gem of Edinburgh.
If you're sick of the mass market hotels, of being treated as a number and of being subjected to bland rooms that offer no colour or comfort, you could do no wrong with this place. Comfy bed, heavenly sheets, a full power shower and towels that hug. This place really is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully restored Georgian Guest House All bedrooms have luxury en suite bathrooms, cable TV/DVD/i pod dock and broadband. Quiet garden for guest use. Convenient city centre location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Six Brunton Place Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Brunton Place Guest House Hotel Edinburgh
- 6 Brunton Place Guest House
- Six Brunton Place Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland