“nice experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

we went for my husband's birthday and it was lovely. The staff even put a surprise birthday cake into our room. The hotel is very well located and very flash. We had a fab experience.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

We stayed at the Missoni Hotel and it was wonderful, the staff were excellent and knowledgeable. Our room had amazing views. They advised us of some trendy places to go for drinks and dinner. We had a great time and would definately go back again. The location of the hotel was good for us as your close by the old and new town.

Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

Great hotel in a superb location. Staff very attentive and happy to recommend bars etc.
Hotel rooms on the side street do not have double glazing and the shutters do not provide blackout - if its a bright morning the sun comes treaming through.
The hotel restaurant is a must - not cheap but food is well cooked and presented. The hotel friendly atmosphere extends into the restaurant and cocktail bar. Speak to the Grappa king in the restaurant and he will wow you with his knowledge. Pack comfortable shoes!!!

aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

We really enjoyed our weekend stay at Missoni, The staff were friendly and efficient from the initial greeting at check-in until the moment we left. The decor is fantastic and creates a unique atmosphere. Bedrooms are extremely well designed and include all the facilities you need - including a free minibar! Highlight for us was leisurely lunch with a large group of friends at the excellent Cucina restaurant. Great, authentic italian food and wine in a stylish setting with attentive service.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

This is a positive review but need to make comment over a few minor negatives. I found the rooms and atmosphere enjoyable. The staff throughout were excellent. The room was the usual box but decor was great. - with extra little touches like the coffee machine - the bed excellent and the bathroom perfect. One strange design fault, however, there was only two tiny drawers in the whole room. Is this because they expect only one night stays. The restaurant isn't up to the rest of the hotel. It's a strange barn of a place. Breakfast choice was disappointing and although my choice of egg benedict was beautifully cooked - it arrived lukewarm.

Blackwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

We stayed here for my husbands 40th Birthday. Staff were extremely helpful, took our bags up to the room for us. Room was gorg, was fantastically decorated and had the biggest, comfiest bed I have been in for a long time in a hotel. Everything was immaculate down to the coathangers and pillowcases with Missoni labels. The minibar was good too. Two beers, some crisps, milk and water....not bad. Dressing gowns were nice and cosy, as were the slippers and the Espresso machine easy to use. The films on the B&O TV fantastic too. All in all this was a fantastic place to stay, location was spot on and would definately stay here again.

fife
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

I and my wife stayed at your hotel on the above date. I have to say the
overall stay was something of a disappointment.

Firstly the good points:-

a. The room was clean and comfortable.
b. The shower was excellent.

The bad points:-

a. When I booked the room the I advised that it was a special
occasion being our wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday. I was
advised that a card in this connection would be prepared and left in the
room- this did not happen.

b. When I returned to the hotel in the late afternoon to check the
days football results I could not operate the teletext. I telephoned
reception and was advised a member of staff would come to my room to
sort this out. Some two minutes later I received a telephone call
indicating the teletext system was not working. I found this incredible
in a "so called" five star hotel.

c. The room was too warm with the air conditioning set at too high a
temperature.

d. The menu for the evening was extremely limited.

e. The bar was noisy and uncomfortable in the late evening.

f. The breakfast in the restaurant on the Sunday morning was little
short of shambolic with queues everywhere. The menu was unclear as to
what was on offer. Service was poor and the restaurant staff seemed
hastled and annoyed.The tea served up was cold and the presentation
overall was poor and the Scottish breakfast in particular seemed lost on
the plate -certainly not a full Scottish breakfast as I understand it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
JanineGuestServices, Guest Services Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, April 25, 2010
Dear Mr Ramsey,
Thanks for writing to us regarding your stay with us a couple of weeks ago. I know my colleague James has been in touch with you directly, but I wanted reply to your posting and to re-iterate our sincere apologies. I was so disappointed to read your review and and I am sorry that we let you both you and ourselves down. I realise that there is no point in making excuses for letting our standards slip, but rest assured that there will never be a repeat performance! Thank you sincerely for getting in touch and letting us know. I know that nothing I can say can get the experience back for you, but we really would like the opportunity to welcome you back and try to make it up to you. Please give me a call directly on +44131 240 1653 if booking with us again, and I promise I will make sure you have a true Missoni experience. I hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards