“Top marks for attentive staff!”

G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #31 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Forres, United Kingdom
“Top marks for attentive staff!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel is marked by its attentive staff, who were consistently helpful, prompt and efficient. Definitely 5* Well done! The hotel felt like a welcoming haven right in the center of the city. Very convenient.
The room was lovely, with all modern conveniences, including a Di Longhi coffee machine. Only complaint is that it was not particularly big. No bath, but a lovely shower room. Trendy bar downstairs with interesting cocktails! Would stay here again on my own without a messy husband in tow!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank elspeth_stewart
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear elspeth_stewart,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am so pleased you had such a delightful experience in our wonderful city. Please do not forget about us, spread the Missoni word, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni with your friends, family or both next time,

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed for one night for birthday treat. Room was very spacious, but it did have a weird smell to it bit like rotten fruit. Staff were friendly but i wasnt too impressed that as soon as we left to go out for dinner, staff were in our room leaving note about windows being cleaned in morning. Breakfast was superb, would recommend Eggs Benedict! Overall lovely stay, bar very busy at night but made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsR6
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear MrsR6,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience of Hotel Missoni and congratulations again on your birthday celebrations. I am delighted to read that you were so well looked after by our team and that you enjoyed your breakfast. We believe that a Missoni breakfast is the best way to start the day and prepare you to explore our wonderful city!

It is our aim to keep Hotel Missoni looking perfect for all our guests. I do hope that the window cleaning did not interfere with your stay too much. We feel it is best to be up front about these things to ensure that no one gets a surprise early in the morning, which is why we informed all of our guests the night before about the expected activity which, in our experience, causes very little disturbance.

You are always welcome with us in Edinburgh. Please feel free to get in touch with me personally if you are planning a return trip and I promise to look after your booking. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback which will do doubt ensure we continue to provide the very best professional and personal 5 star service in the future.

Biella, Italy
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Everything from the porter (I don't remember the name, but he is from Barcelona), the reception Team (the girl from Puglia - Italy) and the Food & Beverage Team. I was there for business, room very efficient, all the comforts (except for the heater/ac since I was in the old building and it was a little bit cold). Amazing breakfast, I'd go back there with no doubts.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robertina7
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Robertina7,

Thank you so much for singling out Salva and Lucia for their professional and friendly service during your stay. I have passed on your kind words to the team which will no doubt encourage us to strive for even greater things in the future. I am so pleased to read that you had such a fabulous stay with us in Edinburgh. Please do get in touch with me directly when you are next in Edinburgh. I would like thank you in person for posting your experience online,

Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed in the Missoni for one night before going to the airport. Location is excellent since it is right on the Royal Mile. Walking to Princes Street / George street is around 5 mins. The castle is just up the road and the Grass Market around the corner. The hotel itself has a very modern décor. I was greeted by a very friendly Canadian / South African wearing a Missoni Kilt - nice touch. The staff were attentive, lots of Australians, I did meet one Scot though.
I had a room on the second floor overlooking the street to the Grassmarket. it wasn't noisy at all which was good since I had to be up at 4am, the wakeup call and the taxi were right on time, 25 pounds to the airport. It's better, in my opinion to stay here and then cab it to the airport. The room was a good size and had lovely floor to ceiling windows. Bathroom was great with large shower and good products. Good coffee making machine and decent in room dining.
I'd stay again without a doubt. If you don't know the city here is a great place to stay as you can walk to almost everything, good restaurants near by too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Gallusb
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Gallusb,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had such a comfortable stay with us. You are right; we are situated in the most perfect location in the heart of the Old Town on the Royal Mile. We really are only a short walk away from all that Edinburgh to offer which makes us such a popular destination for business and leisure guests. We hope to welcome you back to Missoni in the near future,

aberdeen
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I used one of the secret hotel booking sites for our one night in Edinburgh and were delighted when it was revealed as the Missoni. Have walked past it a number of times on previous visits to the Capital we were intrigued by this funky stripey offering.

We were not disappointed. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spotless with striking decor and lots of imaginative design features. The cocktail list was extensive, although the staff were more than happy to go off menu and kept us well fuelled with a range of cocktails for the evening.

Definitely recommend this one to friends and family and we will definitely be back soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
James A, Public Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear erfl,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. It is great to read that you had such a fabulous stay with us in Edinburgh and that you will be recommending us to friends and family in the future. I would be very happy to manage your reservation for you personally the next time you are planning a trip to Edinburgh. Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hotel Missoni and had a wonderful stay. Other than the lovely decor the most remarkable thong about this hotel is the service. The staff are all friendly and attentive. Special thanks to Antonio, Henna, Victoria and Rebecca for making our stay fabulous. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank R B
Dear R B,

Many congratulations once again on your birthday celebrations. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for your special occasion and for taking the time to write a review of your experience. I have passed on your feedback to the team who are very appreciative for you singling them out. We are very fortunate to have such a great team at Missoni who are dedicated to always delivering top class 5 star service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to touch base with me directly if you wish to stay again,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was a return visit for me and I was not disappointed. I really love this hotel, from the design to the friendliness of the staff. This time I was lucky enough to stay for longer and had the chance to experience both the spa and the Cucina restaurant. Both I would highly recommend. The therapist and the spa facility were both excellent and I will definitely go back. We picked the Sommelier choice for dinner, which meant that we had the wine chosen for us to compliment each course and the good really was lovely.
We had a couple of technical issues with our room, which was with the TV and the iPod docking station but the staff were helpful and I don't want that to detract from the stay.
The hotel is in a great location and I would encourage a visit.

Room Tip: Check floor location. We were on level 3, and although it had an incredible view, it was also quite...