“beautiful decor” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“beautiful decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Missoni hotel décor is fabulous and the food did not disappoint
beautifully presented ,friendly helpful service and not too pricey
lovely for a special occasion.
very easily accessible from Waverly station

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Jackie L,

Thank you so much for your short but sweet review of Hotel Missoni. Absolutely delighted you had such a positive experience with us in Edinburgh and cannot wait to welcome you back in the future. Please get in touch with me if you are planning another trip to Scotland,

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, great location. There seems to be a number of poor reviews regarding the breakfast but we found the service to be excellent and there was plenty to choose from on the buffet and our cooked breakfast was lovely. Reason it lost a star - electric shocks whenever we touched anything in the corridors, especially the lift (apparently a problem with the new carpet), and when we arrived back from a long day of sightseeing at around 3.30pm our room still hadn't been cleaned, so we ended up having to vacate the room whilst housekeeping came, delaying our afternoon nap and resulting in an even larger bar bill!! There was a minor discrepancy with the bill but this was resolved immediately and politely.
Loved the Nespresso machine in the room rather than the usual crappy Nescafé sachets that are normally provided!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Beckopt,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am pleased you had a great stay with us in Edinburgh and that you felt the hotel was ideally situated. We are located in the heart of the city on the royal mile only a stone’s throw away from the many major attractions that our wonderful city has to offer.

It is however a shame that we missed out on receiving the illusive 5th star rating on this forum after you encountered a few niggles. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni in order to make it up to you. Honestly, we really enjoyed the chance to look after you and cannot wait for your return; do please get in touch with me directly if you are planning another trip. I hope you had a safe journey home,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks beautiful from outside but when I checked in (which took 10mins in a five star hotel) I was shocked to find the bathroom was missing. Yes the Oxford dictionary states that a bathroom is "A room containing a bath and usually also a washbasin and a toilet" however although they clearly advertise their rooms come with a bathroom don't be fooled as its a shower room and NOT a bathroom so if you want a nice relaxing bath this is not the place. After speaking to the manager who to be fair was very nice but failed to apologise she upgraded us to a room that did have a bath. Everything seemed to be going well except in the evening when I looked at my pillow. It had someone else's old blood on (please see pics that will be uploaded) I left it out for the cleaners thinking that it will be taken away but noo it just had a new case on and popped into the wardrobe so if you check into room 512 please check your pillow. After finding this I checked out the duvet which again had a horrible big stain on. ( again please see pictures). Even tho upgraded cud use no facilities of upgraded room such a films ect when I contacted reception. Room needs a good spruce up as scruffy. Made to feel like we should be grateful for the room even tho it had quite clearly been missold. Booked through Expedia and room still described on there as with a bathroom! Not a shower room! Breakfast on the other hand very nice and reception area very modern just special occasion ruined and definitely would have booked another hotel if advertised how it should be.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank atrutter
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear atrutter,

I am so disappointed to read your comments having thought that you had been very pleased with the upgrade and complimentary bath oils we offered during your stay. We do mention that we have no baths in all our rooms on our website however since your review I have actioned an urgent review of our information so that this is made clear to all our guests.

There however is no excuse for the maintenance issues and the housekeeping shortfalls that you experienced. We take all of our feedback very seriously at Hotel Missoni and rest assured that we have taken the necessary steps to rectify this.

I would like to touch base with you directly so I can apologise in person. Please can you let me know the best number to contact you on so that I might be able to restore you faith in Hotel Missoni,
Apologies once again,
Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I quite liked this hotel. Greeting on arrival was very friendly and when I couldn't connect to the Wifi they were helpful. It's the kind of place where everything is a bit "funky"; you get a leaflet with all of the details about your room / services etc.

I had a "missoni" room and to be honest it was a lovely room - very clean, lots of nice extras like free chilled water, Nespresso machine, nice toiletries, nice towels, slippers etc. The bar area was pleasant for a drink (even on my own) and the staff were very polite - great service.

I ordered room service; it was ok, not great, but we have an amazing Italian near to where I live, so in fairness I was probably never going to rate the food here as good as our local (because it's not)...

I'm giving the hotel very good and not excellent because...for my personal taste it's a bit too much of a "try hard" hotel. Everything is very coordinated and matching and I'm more of a traditionalist!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear spremmynemmy,

Thank you very much for your 4 star review following your stay with us in Edinburgh. I am pleased that you had a good stay overall and would be delighted to welcome you back in the future. If you have any further suggestions on how we can improve our service please do not hesitate to get in touch,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a fantastic meal with extended family in a private function room at the Hotel Missoni. There were around 15 of us in a fabulous room with great views overlooking Edinburgh. The room, like the rest of the hotel, was very stylish and looked great. The food was delicious, with the exquisite Mackeral salad a particular highlight. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals and we were very well looked after by the friendly and attentive staff. We would definitely come back and recommend it to friends. Thanks to all the staff for making our day so special!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James A, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Matt P,

I'm simply delighted that you had such a fabulous private function with us and that you were treated to fantastic 5 star service. Thank you for choosing Hotel Missoni for your event. If you are ever planning a return trip to Edinburgh please feel free to get in touch with me personally and I will ensure that you are well looked after, I promise,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

A superb modern designed hotel in a great location with fantastic food. The ultra friendly staff were second to none for attentiveness. This hotel was highly recommended by a friend and was my first stay in the Missoni. It will certainly not be my last visit. Quality stay in this beautiful city.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear mombass1,

Thank you so much for your quality review of Hotel Missoni. We are all delighted to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and that you were so well looked after by our dedicated team who all care passionately about providing 5 star service. Come back and stay soon; and bring all of your friends too!

paisley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here Saturday to Sunday there, the service was appauling, 90 minutes for 2 courses, not one person asked if we enjoyed our stay/food.. nothing.

£8 for a bottle of sparkling water!!!

marks on the walls in our room, paint all chipped, bathrobes had the threads dangling from them.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank sammcg4
Dear Sammcg4,

It is with great disappointment that you did not enjoy your stay with us in Edinburgh and that you felt you received sub standard service during you meal with us in Cucina. Please accept my sincere apologies that were not able to get everything right. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously which will no doubt ensure we provide superior service in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to speak to me directly on the phone about your stay and that we left it on amicable terms,