“A Big Thank You is the best review title we can give you”

G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #26 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We chose Hotel Missoni to help us celebrate 45 years of marriage in style. From the moment we arrived via taxi at the hotel entrance, we were put well at ease with our luggage being removed from the taxi by a very pleasant Missoni kilted porter called Salvador.

As we approached reception we were greeted very warmly by the staff on duty. We were accompanied to our rooms by Salvador and our luggage and all the features including TV, lighting, Nespresso machine etc were all explained to us as required. The rooms were spotless & I could find no fault in presentation, hygiene or cleanliness. The rooms were well soundproofed as my husband who was next door could not hear my music playing or my TV during the day or at night. Nor could we hear street noise or other guests (although the 4th Floor was very quiet)
The minibar was well stocked with fresh milk, water, soft drinks,1/2 bottles of red & white wine & lager. The coffee machine made beautiful espresso.

The rain shower was a treat and one could have spend a long,long time in it frequently. Towels were beautifully laundered and wonderful to use as were complimentary slippers & bath products. Drainage of shower,wash basin & toilet were 100% efficient

We did not have an opportunity to use the restaurant as we had received a gift for our special occasion to visit another prestigious Italian restaurant in the area for lunch followed by theatre in the evening, but we wish we had been able to experience the food as the menu looked innovative & enticing.
Two nights came to an end all too soon, but there is an Italian saying about "having steak every day". It suggests is better to be left with a yearning to return to, rather than an overload of too long with a good thing?

Hotel Missoni is not 100% perfect in all aspects for every guest needs of very diverse public . No hotel, pub or restaurant anywhere can be perfect for such demands imposed by today's standards, but they all can continuously strive to be the best they can be & Hotel Missoni works very hard to maintain as perfect a standard as possible in our estimation.
Well Done! We will return. Thank you for an almost 100% perfect experience. You made our 45th Anniversary even more special.

I mentioned only one member of staff by name, who was with frequency there for us, but that in no way reflects on all the other members of staff who are part of the grand team of superb customer service at Hotel Missoni, Edinburgh and served us very well.

Room Tip: At time of booking establish exactly what you want in every aspect of your room, include preferred v...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Iain H, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear AngelaG56_12,

I would like to take the opportunity to offer big thanks in return for your comments following your stay at Hotel Missoni. It is really pleasing to read that you had such a fabulous experience from start to finish for your special occasion. I know that we really enjoyed looking after you for your 45th wedding anniversary. I am sure your review will provide other tripadvisor readers with a full insight in to what we offer at Hotel Missoni and why we continue to strive to provide the very best service at all times for all of our guests. I would welcome your return to Edinburgh in the future and ask that you touch base with me directly to allow me to manage the reservation for you personally. I hope to see you both again soon, maybe for your 46th wedding anniversary, or, why not make it an annual trip?

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,949)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently used a gift voucher I had received from my sister for a Luxury Pedicure at hotel Missoni. It was a wonderful experience. The relaxing spa was a tranquil sanctuary worlds apart from the bustling streets of the city. The pedicure was excellent and I even had my arms and hands massaged whilst my feet were cosy in booties. There was a vast choice of nail varnish colours and multiple coats have ensured a few weeks on my pedicure still looks good as new! I could not fault the friendly staff from the kilted doorman, reception staff to spa staff. I would highly recommend the hotel Missoni Spa!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Alix A,

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor following your spa treatment at Hotel Missoni. I have made sure your feedback has been passed directly onto the Spa team, who really appreciate your nice words. We would be delighted to welcome you back anytime. Have a fabulous festive period and we look forward to seeing you in 2014, if not before!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just back Had a lovely stay at Missoni the most relaxed unpretentious 5 star hotel Brilliant location, quiet at night, lovely friendly staff, nice free mini bar, good coffee, comfy beds, lovely robes,

My daughter booked spa treatments as surprise wonderful Aromatherapy Associates rose facial was divine you are in safe hands with Victoria.............delightful loved the chill out room with Prosecco on ice ....................my kind of spa.

We did not eat in La Cucina as prices might have given the 82 year old parents a heart attack but Xmas lunch menu looks lovely and reasonable.

A great place to stay and would definitely go back. Like children we took advantage of free laundry service excellent ...........went home in pristine shirt and pressed smart jeans .
Very pleased overall!

Room Tip: 4th floor quiet and good rooftop views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear BiddieHarrogate,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience, and for the perfect 5 star rating. Feedback is such an important part of our service culture here at Hotel Missoni and it is really pleasing to read that you had such a fabulous stay across the board.

I mentioned your review to Victoria, who was very touched by your comments. We strive to provide a friendly, personal and professional approach with our guests and it is really pleasing to read that Victoria was able to look after you so well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni soon. Honestly, you really should eat in Cucina next time you are in Edinburgh. I promise you, we have the best Italian restaurant in the city!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Booked 2 rooms at The Missoni. Both on the 4th floor.
Lovely, met all our expectations. Staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful.
Breakfasts good, my mother in law usually eats weetabix and a banana but had to settle for the museli and fruit which she said was very nice.
Ideal location for the old town and castle.
Hopefully will be back next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors so that you do not hear street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Iain H, Public Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear carola59,

I am delighted you had such a great stay with us for your mother in law’s 87th birthday. We really enjoyed the opportunity to look after you for your special occasion in Edinburgh. We look forward to your return in 2014, please touch base with me directly and I can manage the reservation for you personally. Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hotel Missoni,

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I can't imagine enjoying any other Edinburgh hotel so much. The location is ideal, the service friendly but professional, the Cucina restaurant is of high standard and the interiors are impressive but comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013
Iain H, Guest Relations Manager at G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear NeverTireOfTheRoad,

Wow! Thank you very much for your 5 star review following your stay at Hotel Missoni. We hope to welcome you back to Edinburgh in the near future. I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally so do feel free to touch base with me directly at anytime,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We hired a private room at the Missoni for out wedding meal and it was outstanding. The rooms were also amazing as everything was well thought of, fresh coffee, good selection of drinks, iPod dock, films etc. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. I could not fault anything about our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Loui100,

Many congratulations once again on your big day and, thank you for giving us the opportunity to share it with you. I have made personal sure your feedback has been circulated to the team and I am so delighted you had such a magical time. I do hope you plan a return in the future; why not for your 1st wedding anniversary next year? Have a fantastic honeymoon and we look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place!

So very central- a stone throw from the royal mile. Lovely decorated bar, and rooms were very homely there was nothing else you would need. The pillows were unbelievably comfy- I need to know where I can get them. I would highly recommend and would love to stay again.

We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on food.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kerennco,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel Missoni. The valuable feedback provided is not only useful for us, but provides an accurate overview for other Tripadvisor users. I have made sure your comments have been circulated to the team and we look forward to your return. I strongly recommend you eat with us at Cucina on your next visit. We really are the best Italian restaurant in Edinburgh!