3,246 results
All reviews royal mile free mini bar cucina restaurant george iv bridge nespresso machine victoria street stylish hotel rain shower turn down service hotel bar amazing hotel perfect location arthur's seat birthday treat loved this hotel walk in shower breakfast was included
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked this hotel after getting a pair of return 1st class tickets to Edinburgh for free, so I thought I'd make the trip 1st class and Five Star!

The location was fantastic for starters, it's right in the middle of the old city, on the Royal Mile, and only footsteps away from the Castle and all the interesting shops.

We had ticked the optional upgrade when booking, and was offered the (paid for) upgrade to our room... which was fantastic. The minibar was free - including two half bottles of wine (red/white), plus a bottle of Italian fizz in ice turned up while we were out shopping, another lovely treat included in the room.

The 'natural rain' shower was fantastic - lovely and big, and the look of the room all around was very modern and stylish. Bed was BIG and very comfy (not too hard, not too soft).

Breakfast was a real treat. We went down pretty early Sunday, and were the first to arrive... the custard Bomablini (Italian doughnuts) were LOVELY.. and the eggs Benedict was just the job.

Also must say the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

I hope I can go back!

p.s. we didn't use the Spa facilities, but the 'menu' of services appeared to be huge!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Iain H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Krispy B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Missoni for your 1st class and 5 star trip to Edinburgh. It’s always so refreshing to get away from it all and I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us. You are right; the location of the hotel is second to none, which is why we are such a popular destination for leisure and business bookers. I have made sure your feedback has been passed on to our restaurant team, who value your kind words. We truly believe that a Missoni breakfast is the very best way to start the day!

Please touch base with me directly if you wish to stay again and I would be more than happy to manage the reservation for you. I hope you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My son and I stayed for a weekend break and we loved it, it is very modern with great friendly staff especially housekeeping they were very helpful. The only negative was no bath in the rooms which might not bother some people but after a long day shopping and exploring the city it would have been nice to relax in a hot bath. Breakfast was really good with a wide choice of food.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear BECMATTManchester

I am delighted you enjoyed your weekend break in Edinburgh and that you found the staff so accommodating. We strive to provide unique, friendly and personalised 5 star service and it is great that that you felt the hotel has such a modern feel. We do have baths in our bedrooms but only in our suites on the top floor of the hotel. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Missoni in the future; maybe you might want to treat yourself again by choosing to stay in a suite, with stunning panoramic views of Edinburgh. Included in a booking for a suite is a complementary bottle of Prosecco on arrival and a chauffeur transfer from Edinburgh Airport.

Please get in touch with us directly at the hotel for the best rates and promotions. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Missoni soon,

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location close to the Royal mile and a few minutes walk to Princess street. Train station and airport buses within short walking distance.Sights within walking distance.The interior of course influensed by Missoni. Nice rooms, complemtary mini bar (soda,water) and wi-fi.Service minded staff. Restaurants and bars around the hotel.Had room On the 2nd floor, quiet at night

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tourist75
Iain H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Collection Hotel Royal Mile Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Tourist75,

Thank you so much for your 4 star review of Hotel Missoni. We really appreciate you sharing your comments online and I am so pleased that you were so well looked after by our services minded staff. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and hope to see you again soon. If you have any further feedback please feel free to touch base with me directly at the hotel anytime,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was taken here for a long weekend as a birthday treat and loved every minute. Great location, wonderful room, excellent staff, delicious food and drink - couldn't have asked for more. Unique take on a Scottish theme with a mix of traditional (kilted staff) and modern (decor/furniture - B&B Italia, B&O with Missoni). Only minor complaint would be the often slow service at the cocktail bar when it wasn't even busy. However, the drinks made it worth the wait.

Room tip: Stayed in a Missoni suite - fab, spacious room (living area, bedroom and large ensuite) with a fantastic view over Edinburgh - worth the extra money (especially if staying for more than one night).
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Laura L,

Thank you so much for your glowing review following your recent stay at Hotel Missoni. I am delighted you had such a positive experience in Edinburgh. Please do not forget about us, spread the Missoni word and get in touch with me if you wish to stay again and I can look after you personally,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I would have given this 5 stars except that there are NO BATHS and I miss that terribly in a hotel. Beds great, rooms nice. Having said that I rejected the first one I was allocated which smelt of ..dare I say it ..B.O. However I was found another room. I specifically asked not to be near a lift etc and this was done. The breakfasts are v original (wonderful pastries and cakes)but the coffee was poor and I had to ask for one to be made. I aslo ordered poached eggs which took a long time to be served. Staff very nice and friendly..I had a problem with my new iphone and they even tried to help me when they saw me sitting there looking frustrated which was very sweet and much appreciated. I may be niaive but if you book through a cheap website you stand little chance of one of the better rooms or upgrades ie you get what you pay for in my personal opinion.V handy for Ondine for supper and The Outsider for lunch!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank HONORIA1

Dear Honoria1,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Hotel Missoni. I am sorry that you were surprised that we do not have baths in our standard Missoni and superior Maggorie rooms. We do have baths in our suites on the top floor of the hotel however if you are not looking to upgrade to a suite then our other rooms have powerful, Missoni designed, walk in showers.

Thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast. I have made sure your feedback has been personally communicated to our Cucina team.

We care passionately about our guests and it is important to mention that if anyone is not happy with their room allocation that they touch base with us at Reception as soon as possible. It is always our aim to make sure that all of our guests are comfortable in their allocated bedroom.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hotel Missoni in the future, please touch base with me directly and I can manage the reservation for you,