Fraser Suites Edinburgh
$319
$204
Orbitz.com
1,802 results
All reviewsroyal milesmall kitchenettegreat locationjunior suitegiles cathedraltrain stationone bedroom apartmentkitchen areaclassic roomprinces street gardenshigh streetreception stafflovely roomcentral locationfringe festivalfew minutes walkcooked breakfast
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I have just spent the weekend at the hotel. From the start the staff were fantastic, and couldn't do enough for us. I agree with some of previous reviews that the room was hot, but the fan compensated for this and the room was soon fine. Our view from the room wasn't great, but we were never in the room so it wasn't an issue. The suite was great, clean, and the bed was comfortable. So much so we intend to book the same suite for 5 nights over the new year. At times I wonder what people what for their money. What I would say is, due to the lack of parking I would advise residents who are driving to drive to the hotel and drop off their bags. People coming from the station to walk up east market street, this would make it less stressful on their legs.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ian g
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear Ian G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your lovely stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh, and that you will be returning to us so soon! You will both love Edinburgh in the Winter, certainly a lot cooler so rug up!

I am pleased that you had such a wonderful time out and about, Edinburgh is a great city to explore on foot and with so much to do it's hard to fit it all in to a weekend.

The Suites are very comfortable and spacious, I am pleased that you found it so comfortable and clean when you did take a break from sightseeing. I shall pass on your positive comments to the housekeeping team who will be very pleased.

Your advice on parking is great, I would recommend that guests drop their luggage at the hotel rather than carry bags to us from the parking at Waverly Station however I would also suggest walking up the Royal Mile and taking in a few museums and sights on the way back. It can be a short 10 minute walk but there is a lot on the Royal Mile which shouldn't be missed.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel itself is nice. Good decor, helpful and friendly staff and the rooms were clean. Just come prepared to stay in the hottest room you have ever experienced. We understand there is no air conditioning, which is not a problem, but it literally felt like the heater was on! As soon as we opened our door, the cool hallway air would rush in (at LEAST 20 degrees cooler). They provide you a small fan in your closet, but it doesn't do much.

Although the staff and the atmosphere is nice, I would never consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from #304 at all costs
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mfies

Dear mfies,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased that you found the Hotel décor, atmosphere and staff so wonderful. I shall pass on your kind notes to the housekeeping team who will be glad that you enjoyed your room.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room so warm and that this has tainted your stay. The hotel is not air-conditioned however we can provide fans for relief. The hotel has been well insulated which is fantastic for the majority of the months, Edinburgh does not often have such warm temperatures however it has been unusually warm recently.

I hope that you will visit us again, remembering our friendly team and beautifully furnished. I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Located in the city centre, very accesable from everywhere. On the royal mile and near princes street. Staff always there to help. Nite temperature at all times. The restaurant served very nicely cooked foods.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Josercos,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Fraser Suites.

I am delighted to read your kind words about the hotel and the friendly team. The fantastic location, just five minutes from the Castle is very handy for the Military Tattoo and all the nearby attractions.

I shall pass your compliments to the Restaurant Team who will be very pleased that you enjoyed your meal.

I look forward to your next visit with us when you return to Edinburgh.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Fraser Suites for 1 night. The location is great in the Old Town. The room had no air conditioning, an uncomfortable bed, poor view, no rack for clean towels (the staff had put them on the closed toilet cover). Wifi goes off all the time and the staff at breakfast are not well trained. The service at reception was very good.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alfred B
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Alfred B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Fraser Suites.

I am delighted that you found our reception team so helpful and friendly, I wish that these issues were brought to their attention during your stay so that we may have made your stay more comfortable.

The Grade B listed building is not air conditioned however it is well insulated which is fantastic for 11 months of the year. we do have electric fans available to cool rooms during warmer weather. As you will have noticed being in the Historic centre of Edinburgh, just off the Royal Mile, we are surrounded by beautiful and traditional architecture, unfortunately these beautiful buildings hinder some views.

I am pleased that our Wi-Fi issues have now been resolved and look forward to your next stay when you will experience a far smoother complimentary service.

I shall pass your comments to the Broadsheet Bistro Manager for there attention, I am sure they will be disappointed that you did not enjoy the service which is often congratulated for being so friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Fraser Suites just off the Royal Mile is in a great location and the staff are really good and did their best for us.
A couple of things went wrong. Initially the room we were given had a broken fridge and bathroom door that could only be opened from the outside. So we changed rooms. We were on the 7th floor.
The suites are very tired and have poor joinery which makes them look old and worn, but the biggest complaint is the heat. I see other posts complaining about this when it was 10 degrees outside, Edinburgh was in the mid twenties during our stay which made the rooms unbearably hot. Our room was like a sauna, every day and despite the cooling towers in the room they do nothing to alleviate the discomfort. The cooling towers are extremely noisy so we didn't get a good night's sleep at all.
Other reviews have the managers saying the rooms will cool with the towers, they don't and some proper air conditioning needs to be put in place.
The breakfast was also a joke. The poor waitress was completely over worked but half way through the advertised service time there were just scraps off food left in the buffet and the dregs of juice. The cooked breakfast of poached eggs for one and fried for the other came out completely solid, the rest of it was either very dry or burnt.
A complaint was made to management but no response to date.
Bottom line don't stay here, but if you do choose to ignore this advice choose a lower floor room and eat out for breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay away from the top floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian238
Evlyn G, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear Brian 238,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Fraser Suites, I am delighted that you found our team so friendly and helpful.

My apologies that you had issues with your fridge door however I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you in alternative accommodation. We are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment plan through this busy time of year however I am disappointed that you found the joinery to be lacking, I shall make your comments known to the maintenance team for their immediate attention.

As you are probably aware, temperatures this high are not common in Edinburgh and although a lovely experience for you when out and about I am sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable with the heat indoors and that the cooling towers provided did not do enough. Unfortunately in our beautiful historic listed building we are more prepared for the cold than the heat however we are working on this development and look forward to offering air conditioning in the near future.

I shall pass your comments to the attention of the Bistro Manager who will be disappointed that you did not experience the fantastic and personal service which they strive to offer every guest.

I trust that you enjoyed your time at the Festival, a fantastic and very busy time of year to experience Edinburgh, perhaps your next trip will be entirely different. Edinburgh is very laid back in the shoulder seasons and a fantastic time and temperature to wander around at your own pace.

I hope that you will visit us again, I am sure you will find us much improved.

Thank you again for your feedback.