“Central and cozy!”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #56 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I'm repeating previous reviews with this, but the location is really superb! On a side street of the Royal Mile, really really central! It's really convenient that you can have a little break before dinner and freshen yourself up before going up to the cozy pubs in the neighbourhood. The train/busstation is only 5 minutes away. We had a classic room and found it really spacious and it had a real nice feel! Our view wasn't all that, but in the evening you have the curtains closed anyway. Bathroom also really nice! I agree that some minor things could use a little touch up, for example a good cleaning of the carpet, but it's not a strange thing that these get dirty because it has a real light colour, so that's just nitpicking. We had breakfast included and we enjoyed it. Staff really friendly to. We had an early checkin and could leave our bag in a storage room. Reccomendations for eating: Beehive Inn on Grassmarket, Whiski Bar on Royal Mile. Further get a busticket for the Edinburgh bustour; hop on and off were you like and hear information about Edinburgh. With the grandticket you can use all three bustours for 48 hours! Really worth the money, especially when it's rainy ;-). Conclusion: a fantastic stay at Fraser Suites and Edinburgh!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your comments, it is great to know that you were impressed with the services provided, from reception to breakfast, and the room facilities.

As you rightly said, our location is probably the best in Edinburgh, very central, but quiet, and everything is within walking distance.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Fraser Suites Edinburgh

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and love every moment of our stay. The moment we walked in to our room, we were impressed. The decoration is modern and chic. It looks and smells clean. We got a room that faces the corner of St Giles Street. We can't see the castle but from the view of our room, it was great. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The size of the room and bathroom was decent. The bathroom was very updated as well. The best part was the heating rack. Your towels, clothes or underwear can be ready and warm before using! The one thing I did not like is the shower handle. It was this weird knob that you have to make sure you're ready to get wet before you start turning them because it's hard to figure out at first what you're doing. I don't know how shower knobs can be made so complicated. But it's no big deal. My one other minor issue was that they do not provide luggage stands. So we used chairs to mount our luggages. Again, no big deal. There were enough ports to plug in our electronic devices.

The staff is very pleasant and welcoming.

The location of this hotel is the best. It is within the Royal Mile and is very convenient to restaurants, shops and attractions. It was even a short walking distance to the office of the tour company we booked to go to the Highlands. Our hotel was very quiet. During our entire stay, we did not have any noise issue. I slept so good at this hotel. We looked forward to coming back to our room at the end of each long day we had touring Scotland. I will book this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ToniLuvsScuba

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for probably one of the most fantastic reviews we have ever received. I could not agree more with your comments and I do hope that you will visit us again to experience the services provided and the wonders this city can offer.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is not luxury and I would not have even given it 4 stars but there are some features that are very appealing. We have the executive apartment but most of the rooms have a full kitchen. We have a separate living area with a great kitchen that is fully equipped. It even has a dishwasher, toaster, full set of dishes, flatware, pots, pans, refrigerator, convection oven, serving utensils and colander. All were very clean but I ran the through the dishwasher anyway. The other positive thing is that there is a free washer and dryer so bring soap and laundry detergent. The other positive is the location. It's near everything. Ok that was the good. The carpet in the room and hallway needs to be replaced. The TV's have a very strange way of turning on, I tried to call the front desk on several occasions and no one answered. One day we came back to the room and the door was open. They don't pay attention to detail. When we got here there was no soap for the shower and there is no concierge to ask questions. We came from the US so we got here very early and our room was not ready despite asking for early check in. The pillows are very, vey hard but they gave me a softer one when i asked. housekeeping is haphazard in cleaning. We are used to staying at Ritz Carlton or Marriott's, and this is neither. However, I would stay here again because of the other features. The Internet is also free but it craps out a lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate the kind words and it is very encouraging to read that you would choose us again over your favourite hotel chains.

We now have full freeview availability on our tvs and our free wifi service has been to the satisfaction of our guests, too.

We always try and accommodate early check in requests, but during busy periods this cannot be guaranteed. However, we are always happy to store luggage for our guests.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2012.Very nice,clean room.There is a small fridge, microwave and teapot which I got to use every day as I would bring in food and eat my dinner in the room.Very convenient.The hotel is located right off The Royal Mile and walking distance to Princess Street and Weberly Station.Very friendly and helpful staff.I will not hesitate to go stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on 4th floor and above
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your kind words. It is brilliant to read that you enjoyed the facilities provided at Fraser Suites Edinburgh. We do our utmost to really create that home-from-home feeling for our guests and it was a great pleasure to read that we delivered the service we are famous for.

We offer tea/coffee facilities, fridge, microwave, toaster, cutlery and crockery in all our rooms and even more in the larger suites so if you wish to dine in, it is all set.

Our location is ideal to explore the city and is very convenient for the station, the airport and the bus station, too.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to this fantastic city.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Fraser Suites Edinburgh is probably my favorite hotel, ever. If you can find a good rate take it, as far as price, location, cleanliness and room amenities I feel you cant go wrong. You are steps away from The Royal Mile, Princess Street and Edinburgh Castle. Better then that are the reasonably priced pubs, restaurants ( walk a bit further in any direction to find better prices) shops ( many souviner shops) and scary nighttime tours(I reccomend them) it's easy to come and go - have a break or drop things off ect. Checkout the Hotel information that is in your room, you will get some good history on pubs and restaurants in the area and other things to check out.
Rooms are laid out nice and I have nothing negitaive really to say about the one stayed in except that the room was pretty warm however they provided an air cond unit and the did the trick. The little kitchen area was compact and had everything you would need for the basic reheat or microwave dinner. Nice looking it was mirrored with class and kept really clean.
Bathroom.. amazing. Small but you didn't want to leave. The shower is a rain shower and the space looked very modern and appealing. Really nice toiletries and a chrome towel dryer type thing I had never seen before..
I didn't try the restaurant but I did go in one evening late to buy a beverage and the staff were very polite and looked professional. I had room service one evening and the tried the mushroom stroganoff and it was really good. Everything was cozy for a 4 star or whatever its rated, it's suble but many small luxuries for the price. I would go to Edinburgh just to stay here again and I hope readers have the same positive experience we did!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your glowing report, I am really delighted you had a fantastic time at Fraser Suites Edinburgh. We do our very best to ensure each guest has a memorable stay with us and we provide high-end facilities and service at one of the best locations in the city, right in the middle of the World Heritage area.

I do hope you return to us soon, and if you wish to explore more of the city, please make use of our very own walking trails, written in collaboration with the World Heritage Trust.

I will pass all your comments to my team and I am sure they will be delighted by your feedback, too.

Please do not leave it too late before you return to us.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. As a hotel it is well decorated albeit a little tired in places in the bedroom (integrated fridge door broken, grouting missing from floor tiles making them shaky and dents in walls) and offers some element of self-catering in the bedrooms too (toaster, fridge, microwave, sink etc), so very handy for someone staying a few days and not wanting to eat out all the time.

However there is building work right next door and I heard what I thought was a large fan/generator all night long. The staff were called and said the noise was from outside and they would report it. They did offer to look for another room and I could move if they had one. However it was nearly 11pm and all I wanted to do was sleep. I had to sleep with makeshift ear plugs and a pillow over my head and could still hear the noise.

Edinburgh is a lovely city but if I was looking to stay somewhere soon I would avoid here especially if you are a light sleeper like me. I stayed in room 104 so I would avoid that side of the building. My view was mounds of earth, a mini JCB and a lot of men in hardhats the next morning.

This hotel is located close to the train station and the staff were very friendly but these were the high points.

Room Tip: I can't say as the room that I was in had the noise source right outside it. So avoid the side w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted to inform you that the building works next door are coming to a finish, and there is very limited noise coming from there and it is only during the day.

I was happy to read that once you raised the noise issue, the team on duty offered assistance and offered a room move to you. I have noted your comments about the room and these have now been passed on to the relevant departments.

I hope you will return to us in the future and please feel free to contact me directly prior to your arrival on zsolt.jakri@frasershospitality.com and I will do my best to allocate a quiet room for you.

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Room is very nice, featured by microwave, fridge and teapot. In hotel there are laundry self service, which is usefull and could save some money. Located in the center of the old city. Reception is very nice and helpfull.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear NadezD,

thank you very much for your review, I am delighted you enjoyed the location, the facilities and the service from the team at Fraser Suites Edinburgh.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.