“Free Wi-Fi, Great Location”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #52 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Hong Kong, China
“Free Wi-Fi, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have been in a Classic room with high ceiling that made the room more spacious. Thanks for the free wi-fi that enable us to check the train schedule, restaurants, maps etc. There is microwave, cutlery, salt and pepper, tea tower and detergent inside the room, which exceeded my expectation.

Room Tip: There maybe staircases from the way between the lift to the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wendylamcheng
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear wendylamcheng,

thank you very much for your short and brilliant review. I am glad your room was even better than expected prior to your arrival.

We pride ourselves in creating a real home from home experience for our guests and these little touches you mentioned are really important.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We went to Edinburgh to see a show and decided to treat ourself to an executive junior suite from Laterooms.com
On arrival we were informed we had been given a free upgrade to a luxury one bedroom apartment. Fantastic...
The staff were very helpful and pleasant and the rooms were lovely.
One or two areas are needing slightly freshened up and get the cleaner to clean in between the secondary glazing lots of dead flies and spiders but on the whole highly recommended and would stay there again.

Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Aligav69
Dear Reviewer,

I am glad you chose Fraser Suites Edinburgh for your stay and you decided to add a bit of luxury to your visit to Edinburgh. It is great to read that you enjoyed your upgrade, we aim to ad something extra to every stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Edinburgh

Castricum, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had another hotel booked for Edinburgh but due to a change in our schedule, we had to look for a new hotel the other night and Fraser caught our attention. Why we didn't see it the first time is still not clear because this is a very nice hotel on a great location in Edinburgh! Only 50 meters from the centre of the Royal Mile: Edinburgh Castle 10 minutes walk (West), National Museum of Scotland 10 minutes walk (South), shopping area and pubs (Rose Street) 10 minutes walk (North).

The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable and the room and bathroom looked great. Small kitchen and fridge inside. Good service, storage of bags when we could not enter the room, good advise on parking our rental car, discount on parking rate, umbrellas for our use when it rained. We were in a room next to the elevator looking out on gthe neighbour's blind wall with a narrow alley in between, but were out the entire day so didn't mind the lack of view and didn't hear the elevator once. So no noise, slept very well!

Our booking did not include breakfast, so no info on that. However, around the corner is a breakfast bistro/restaurant and around Rose Street / Queen Street are enough small places to get some nice breakfast so we did not miss that and had more time to explore Edinburgh.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mattijnstork
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad you have found us (although for the second time only), we try and be as visible as possible on the internet, but I would recommend our own website for the best deals and the most detailed information.

We find the good night's sleep the most important part of the stay, so I am delighted you enjoyed the quiet area in the heart of this beautiful city.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh

Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our family had booked this hotel for us as a surprise present for our 4oth wedding anniversary. It was booked through Late Rooms five weeks before our arrival date of the 22nd September. When we arrived we presented our reservation and was then informed there was no room available. Obviously we questioned this and someone came out to front desk to say it had been a mistake (their web site should not have accepted our booking)! Before we knew it we were bundled into a taxi and sent on our way to another hotel - which Fraser Suites had booked for us - at no point did they ring us or ask whether we wanted to stay in another hotel.
What I imagine had happened was that they had got a better offer as there were lots of foreign visitors and they possibly were paying top price. When we left the hotel we had been booked into we asked the receptionist if they regularly received guests as overspill from the Fraser Suites - she said YES it had happened all through September. Possibly the success of the Olympics had increased tourist trade and the Fraser Suites had well and truly exploited this.
We did not receive an apology or phone call to inform us of the change.
WARNING - don't book this hotel! - bad management and short sighted business ethics.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank eandkmac
Dear Reviewer,

due to the unfounded sweeping statements it is fairly difficult to respond to these comments. I admit we had an issue with our system and we simply could not offer a room - it is a very rare error, but on this occasion we had to book another hotel for these guests, and because we wanted to make sure they have a good stay, we booked them into one of the great hotels on the Royal Mile with a huge extra cost to us. This error came to light on the day of their arrival, so there was no way to contact these clients in advance.

You may wish to know that the Olympics had nothing to do with the tourism in Edinburgh (you may recall the Games were held in London...), and I personally apologized to the person who booked this room, so that part is just not true. What is true, though, is that I got verbal abuse from the gentleman over the phone a couple days later.

Best regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We where looking for a place to stay and through bookings.com we selected Fraser Suites due to the location from the town centre and the price. It was an interesting drive through town but then that is half the fun. We arrived at the hotel dropped our bags and went straight to an open bus tour as we arrived early and the weather was great in the morning. we notice on the bus tour that our hotel was bang in the middle of town and 5 minutes from the major sites. I mean right in the middle of the cool stuff to see, dumb luck. Great hotel decor the finishes are really very nice the rooms are modern and well apointed but the location was a kicker.... we really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Kitchenette and big rooms, building site next to the back side of the hotel but we heard nothing..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chris b
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear chris b,

thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you found our location ideal, I agree, you cannot get any more central than Fraser Suites Edinburgh if you wish to explore this fantastic city during the day or at night.

We always offer good value rates and we have special offers available, I am glad you found one of these suitable for you and had a great time in Edinburgh.

I am looking to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Yours sicnerely,

Halwill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary and found this hotel to be just the job. The Classic room is most suitable for a couple and the bathroom was nicely decorated, the shower was very good even though you may need a degree in engineering to work out how to use it!!. The bed was a little soft for my liking, but overall the comfort of the room was first class. We loved the fact that you had a microwave, fridge, cutlery and plates so you could make a small meal for yourself if you didn't want to eat out. Our slight concern was that there was not much storage if you are staying a while. The location of the hotel was spot on for the area and was only a few yards away from the Royal Mile. The staff were attentive, but didn't go out of their way to be over friendly (if you didn't initiate a conversation, you rarely got a word out of them!!). I would recommend the hotel and would go back there again. The whole experience in Edinburgh was very positive and the Scottish people were very friendly and always willing to help.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank itbytes
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I only had 2 days to experience Edinburgh so I booked this hotel in Old Town. It got good ratings from Trip Advisor. I am not sure what I expected but I was pleasantly surprised!!! I was not disappointed. It was fantastic!! It is clean, modern, attractive, efficient and comfortable and a stone's throw from the Royal Mile where people walk up and down and St. Giles Cathedral. While I was there I became ill, not critical but still sick, and the staff, especially Melanie at the front desk and her partner whose name I do not know along with the dining room staff, Natasha, who brought be food to eat and checked on me were very attentive to my needs. They also called the NHS and had a nurse speak with me to be sure I was not seriously ill. They went well beyond what was necessary. When you are traveling alone and in a country other than your own, it was truly appreciated. I do hope that management knows what a wonderful staff they have. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know that is going to Edinburgh!!!!

Room Tip: If a room with a view is what you want, you need to request. The hotel is on the side of a rocky hi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CeliaBell
Dear CeliaBell,

thank you very much for your brilliant comments. However, first thing first, I am glad your sickness was nothing serious, Melanie and I were really worried and it is great to hear that it was only a bit of upset stomach.

I have to admit I know what a great team we have here, it is a delight (well, most of the time...:)) working with them.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance if you visit Edinburgh again, we would be delighted to welcome you back.