“Beautiful hotel in an excellent location”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #48 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Beautiful hotel in an excellent location”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We only stayed at Frasers for one night but we will definitely be going back. Service was great - we could check in at 9.30am and there were nice touches, such as concierge asking if we needed to store our bags when we were checking out before we even had to ask. The room was lovely and a good size with a very comfy bed, though the bathroom was a little small. Well stocked kitchenette and other amenities such as iron and ironing board supplied as standard - very useful!

All in all, an excellent hotel that we would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank irish775
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for the fantastic feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent service and it is great to read that we delivered this to your complete satisfaction. We always try to ensure that our guests can make the most of their time in Edinburgh, and we offer luggage storage facility and early check in whenever possible.

I am very happy that you will now become a return guest and I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Edinburgh.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
South Bristol, Maine
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed at the Fraser Suites the night before I left Scotland and it was a wonderful hotel. I found the staff to be friendly as I stopped in the week before to find out the location so I would know how long it would take to get to the airport bus on the Waverly bridge.

My room on the 6th floor was spacious and lovely inside, with a large bathroom, and one of the largest showers I'd had, a small self-catering area with microwave and fridge, and a lovely bed with the smoothest sheets.

I selected this hotel based on other reviews, price, and its location convenient to the train station. Arriving by train, I dragged my luggage up the hill along the street, which was a bit of a huff-and-puff, but in the morning, there are steps in the culdesac which lead down to the street way below and that's just at the corner of the Waverly bridge. A very short walk. The hotel is just off the Royal Mile about opposite St. Giles - great location for seeing Old Town and not far from Newtown, either, as the Sir Walter Scott monument is just opposite.

I am unable to review the breakfast as I had to leave for the airport before it was served, but I have every expectation that it would have been as excellent as the rest of the hotel.

I would really look forward to visiting this hotel again. So far, it's my favorite. Great price, great location, great room: what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: It's a quiet area on a side street just off the Royal Mile. I had a view east towards the Waver...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelerJudy
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. as you mentioned, our location is perfect for the Airport Shuttle and the station on one hand, but it is also perfect for the Old Town and the city centre. However, the distance of a few yards from the Royal Mile makes the area quiet, even at the height of the Festival season.

Shortly speaking, I am very happy that your last night during your trip to Scotland was a great experience and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Please sample the breakfast the next time you stay with us, I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed in a Junior Suite for one night with my fiance and we were really impressed. The room felt quiet and peaceful, despite being so close to the Royal Mile - we couldn't hear a thing from outside. Our view out towards North Bridge and Princes Street was stunning. On our arrival, all staff were very pleasant and helpful. When we phoned down to reception later in the evening, we were attended to by an extremely helpful young man with a beard, who was very friendly. The room we stayed in was immaculately clean, modern and so comfortable. After a long day's walking, it was a wonderful place to relax. The location, on St Giles Street, just off the Royal Mile, is ideal for lots of restaurants and things to do nearby. Considering the high quality of the accommodation and helpfulness of the staff, this was excellent value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for the fantastic feedback. I am delighted that you had a great stay at Fraser Suites Edinburgh - and I will certainly pass on the comments to all staff and in particular to the staff member you highlighted.

As you rightly said, our location is very central and the rooms and suites are finished to the highest standards. However, it only counts if we, the team behind it, do our best to provide excellent service. It is great to hear that we delivered this service to your complete satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your feedback; I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here one night in the CLASSIC DE LUXE room. The room was well fitted and the "kitchen area" nice and clean with kettle, toaster and microwave. This is not full self catering but we had a light breakfast which suited us. Our room was on the sixth floor with wonderful views across to Princess Street and beyond to the Forth. The hotel has a nice cafe next door where we had a light lunch.The reception staff were very attentive and booked us in and checked us out with the minimum of fuss. I stayed here last year and would do so again as the location on the Royal Mile is ideal (no car park though).

Room Tip: reception is on level three so rooms above that for a view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bluebearboy
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Bluebearboy,

thank you very much for your comments, it is great to have a returning guest's feedback on the service - it is really reassuring that you think we have managed to keep up the good work and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city.

You will be delighted to hear that we have some exciting plans and I am sure you will have an even better experience then. We are now working with Investors in People to provide an even better service. Also, we now have a good agreement with a secure car park nearby, which saves some money for those arriving by car.

Once again, thank you for your kind words, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance with your next booking.

Your sincerely,

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to this very stylish hotel for the weekend after Valentines day. Upon arrival the staff were exceptionally pleasant and polite. They told us the best places to go as it were our first time in Edinburgh and even recommended restaurants to go for a meal in the evening. They kindly took our bags to our room as we went shopping for the day.
We stayed in the Couyant Suite. It was perfectly clean and tidy with a complementry food and wine basket. The bed was fairly comfy but could of done with another quilt as it got quite chilly later in the night.

The issue was that when we went down to breakfast in the morning the staff were run off there feet. Even though they couldn't do enough for you they were quite slow because there was ony three of them. I asked if it was always this busy and he told me it was because everyone had arrived at the same time. However the hotel should be prepared for this scenario.

Room Tip: The couyant suite was the perfect room for a couple away for the weekend.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blondy_fliss_1992
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your comments. I am pleased to hear that my team provided the assistance required from everyone here at Fraser Suites Edinburgh. I am also happy that you enjoyed the welcome hamper and the quality of one of our named suites.

We always listen to guest comments very carefully, and you will be delighted to hear that we are now in the process of changing the service in the restaurant, amending the layout and the feedback so far is that it has now resulted in a much better experience for our guests - it is still the same high quality ingredients, hot and continental food, but a much quicker and more relaxing environment.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2012

4 of us came to Edinburgh to celebrate Hogmanay. I thought we had booked a suite ...i.e. 2 bedrooms and living accommodation...as seen on the website. Wrong. When we arived were shown to 2 seperate rooms on the same floor..with en suite shower rooms.

I had requested one twin and one double room. On arrival both were made up as doubles...eventually staff seperated the bed in our room. The single beds were so narrow, my husband and i nearly fell out of them every time we turned over during th night. The pillows were so hard and old we got pins and needles in our ears.

Our room needed renovation and was dirty. The carpets were dirty & stained and surrounds filthy..and had not been vacuumed . The floors in the kitchen area and bathroom needed washing. We told the cleaning staff about this...but they did not speak English..therefore the floors were not washed. There was only one English speaking person at the hotel WHY???. The reception staff were indifferent and not at all friendly. They ignored our requests to have pillows changed and rooms cleaned properly. The breakfast price was too expensive...as we just wanted a continental breakfast...or a bowl of porrige with some fruit..but still had to pay £12.50

There was no heating in our room,and it was cold while we were there!

All in all I would not recommend the Fraser Suites to any one and found the experience very disappointing...especially as we had paid £1090 for 2 rooms for 3 nights!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for sharing your experience, although it is very distressing to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us. I would urge you not to wait two months after departure next time you have major issues during your stay with us - I am on site almost every day and I am happy to resolve any problems immediately.

I would be really grateful if you could contact me directly to clarify a few points you made in your feedback. I am eager to know which website offered a two-bedroom apartment as we do not have anything like that, so it is either misleading or it was written about another property. Also, please let me know which room you stayed in, as our hotel has only been operating for three years, and I am concerned that any of our brand new rooms and suites is in need of renovation as you state in your comments. This is the same with the bedding as they had only been purchased not long before your arrival. Also, I would be very happy if you could send me the receipt of the breakfast charges, we never had a breakfast charge of £12.50 - this might have happened in another hotel during your trip.

I hope you mentioned our high quality bathrooms (ensuite bathrooms) as a positive aspect of the stay as we regularly receive praises for the standard of them.

I apologise if apparently there were housekeeping issues during your stay - it is really disappointing to see when, after the recent great comments, suddenly and strangely a negative old one appears. However, I must stand by my staff as they are hardworking and do have a good command of English, which comes as no surprise as most of them are from the Edinburgh area.

Once again, I am looking forward to receiving your detailed email on zsolt.jakri@frasershospitality.com.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My partner & I have just spent 3 nights at this hotel. We arrived before 9am hoping to leave our luggage, as check in wasn't until 2pm, but were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready. The room itself was clean & facilities were good. The only negative point was that our towels had not been changed after 3 days, but we rang reception, they were most apologetic & sent someone up with clean ones immediatley. Staff were very friendly, and with this central location, I'd definatley stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank fionaw1
Dear fionaw1,

thank you very much for your comments, I am delighted that you found both our rooms and our service of high standard, we take great pride in creating the best possible experience for our guests.

I am a little bit disappointed regarding the issue with your towels and will discuss this matter with my housekeeping team in length. However, it is good to hear that the issue was handled quickly and professionally to your satisfaction.

It is great that this minor blip did not affect your stay, though, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Edinburgh on your next visit to the city.