My hubby and I stayed at this amazing B&B in July. I can't say enough positive comments about it. Elaine, the host and owner of Two Hillside Cresent, greeted us to a huge room decorated with superb taste and high- end decor. The king size bed was surrounded by a beautiful wardrobe with fluffy bathrobes, writing desk & chair, a fireplace, sofa, coffee table and 2 side chairs ( no Ikea furnishings here). A large striking chandler finished off the room with at least 16 ft high ceiling! The bath also was huge, with separate large rainfall shower and giant soaking tub. This ammenity was so welcomed after a long day of touring beautiful and historic Edinburgh!
Breakfast was "made to order...no buffet here". On the last morning (and after eating eggs every morning) I asked if an egg white omelet was possible. The cute, pleasant, rather shy 'waitress' said she didn't know but would ask! And alais! I was served a perfect one!
The absolute only negative we had of our 2 week visit of England and Scotland was... It was much warmer than we anticipated. None of the B&B
we stayed in didn't have AC. Neither did 2 out of 3 hotels.
Since we left our Texas temperature of mid 90s, we so wanted to enjoy cooler temps, but alais! , Great Britian was experiencing the beginning of their, first in a long time, actual SUMMER!!
We returned to Houston the week before the birth of the Royal Baby, so the heat wave was well documented by the news!
Obviously, I am recommending this B&B most highly!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two Hillside Crescent is a beautifully restored Georgian Townhouse in the centre of Edinburgh offering luxury accommodation within a short walking distance of Princes Street and many city attractions. Its relaxed, welcoming atmosphere, convenient location and attention to detail make it ideal whether you’re stay is for business or leisure.We believe the two most important things about a Bed & Breakfast are indeed the Bed and the Breakfast. That is why all our beds are equipped with luxury linen, goose down duvets and Vi Spring mattresses to simply guarantee a great nights sleep (doubles are at least king sized and over 6’6” in length). Our delicious breakfast includes fresh seasonal fruit, homemade preserves and a choice of cooked breakfast all using responsibly sourced local, organic and free range produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Two Hillside Crescent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Two Hillside Crescent Hotel Edinburgh
- 2 Hillside Crescent
- Two Hillside Crescent Edinburgh, Scotland