“Amazing birthday treat for hubby ”

Palm Court at The Balmoral
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #114 of 3,022 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: Palm Court is an Edinburgh institution that's as glittering as its glass dome and Venetian chandelier. Sip Champagne or sample our award-winning Afternoon Tea with a wide selection of loose leaf teas, coffee, classic and contemporary sandwiches and savouries, pastries and sweet treats. A harpist provides the perfect accompaniment.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here to celebrate hubby’s birthday and it did not disappoint.

Great four course afternoon tea and what a superb list of teas. Do try the Nepalese tea. Absolutely delicate and great accompaniment with the dessert as well.

Love the fact that you have soup to start. Then quiches and sandwiches. Then warm scones. After that if you have room. Dessert.

They even give you a tin of tea leaves and chocolates to go home with. Absolutely great way to spend two hours.

Definitely worth a visit

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (990)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for afternoon tea with friends for my birthday and everything was lovely and the staff were so friendly and helpful would definitely go back again . Very clean just as I thought it would be lovely day out

1  Thank Asmacd
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely first class afternoon tea, if you can afford it, upgrade to a champagne version. You won;t go home with an empty belly when you eat here. Excellence and fine dining in elegant surroundings, not to be missed. !

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a wonderful experience, but too much food. Would be great if choices could be made as to how much one can eat, so there would be less waste.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

My mother and sister attended for a birthday afternoon tea today.

I contacted the hotel a few weeks ago to pay for the tea in advance and my queries were answered very quickly and professionally. Can I just commend Alicja for her excellent service. It is rare that you are treated so courteously nowadays.

My mother and aunt were delighted with the food and service. I think the glass of champagne that I arranged was very well received!

The harpist played happy birthday and my mother was presented with a little happy birthday message on her plate.

We can’t say enough good things about this whole experience and we will be back in December.

Many thanks

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank 1983me1983
BalmoralEdinburgh, Director of Food & Beverage at Palm Court at The Balmoral, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 1983me1983,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review following your visit to Palm Court. I am pleased to learn your experience was positive.

I have shared your comments with the team, in particuarly Alicja, who you so kindly commended for her service. Making special moments like these memorable is truly the reason we work in the hospitality industry.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in December.

Kind regards,