“Don't hesitate, enjoy the food.”
Review of Sylvesters

Sylvesters
Reserve with OpenTable
Sylvesters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Sylvesters restaurant is positioned in the heart of Edinburgh, close to many tourist attractions such as Greyfriar's Bobby, Chamber's Street Museum, The Meadows, The Festival Theatre and Edinburgh University at George Square. ​If you want to catch up with some old friends, to relax with colleagues after a morning of hard work, or to celebrate a special graduation within walking distance of the McEwan Hall , Sylvesters is the perfect venue for a delicious, relaxed meal. We are open all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We chose this restaurant at random. We chose well. Great food and smart staff who like working there make for excellent venue. The prices are reasonable and good value. The menus is small but well balanced so you know everything is fresh.

1  Thank intrepidmanchester

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was on a recent trip to Edinburgh and Sylvesters was a perfect choice. I can see why this restaurant is so highly rated - my meal was fantastic, the service extremely attentive and the restaurant's decor creates a warm and friendly atmosphere. I had a three rib rack of lamb with grilled vegetables and basil and walnut pesto. The meat was cooked to perfection and its delicious crispy skin added a nice texture to it. It went with extremely rich red wine jus and combined together was definitely one of the best meals I've recently had. Definitely a great place to go for great food and wonderful service. If I should come back to Edinburgh one day, I will definitely visit Sylvesters again!

Aleksiej

Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner (a la carte plates, the pre theatre dinner menu is 5-6pm) before grabbing a couple of evening shows at near by Fringe Festival venues. The "Melange" salad was delicious with a tangy mix of salad, nuts, cheese and cous cous, my husband had the pork dish and it looked and tasted beautiful, with a unique pulled pork ball and apple compote.

Portions are just the right size, the food is fresh and well presented.

The staff were attentive and friendly. The group of school-aged teens and they iPhone cords plugged in all around our feet like a web kinda killed the romantic mood for us.

We would go back!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The food was excellent,the service was friendly and very polite.
The restaurant itself was very clean and modern in design.

1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife & I were recommended to go here by the Field Restaurant's owner (almost next door) as they were closed. We chose 2 courses from the lunch menu and weren't disappointed. Both starters (the tomato & basil terrine and the grilled sardines) were well executed with lots of flavour. I had the absolutely delicious Cullen Skink as a main course - it had far more smoked haddock than you usually find when ordered as a starter, whilst my wife's salmon fishcakes were pronounced a great success.

We'll definitely be back.

2  Thank Ian P