“Tasty food and great service”
Review of Sylvesters

Sylvesters
Reserve with OpenTable
Sylvesters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Sylvesters restaurant is positioned in the heart of Edinburgh, close to many tourist attractions such as Greyfriar's Bobby, Chamber's Street Museum, The Meadows, The Festival Theatre and Edinburgh University at George Square. ​If you want to catch up with some old friends, to relax with colleagues after a morning of hard work, or to celebrate a special graduation within walking distance of the McEwan Hall , Sylvesters is the perfect venue for a delicious, relaxed meal. We are open all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped in for a light meal after an early Fringe show in August 2013. The staff were really friendly and explained some of the menu items. As it was early, I just ordered the soup (Carrot & Coriander) and the appetizer portion of Haggis, Neeps, & Tatties. Both were excellent. My wife and aunt ordered the Dahl. That too was good except my aunt's portion was on the cool side and she had to send it back for warming - the waiter was apologetic and quickly attended to the problem. My son raved about the burger he ordered. All in all a nice, lively resto with a small menu of good food. Some good wines by the glass. Just what we were looking for.

1  Thank Bojabes

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thought I would give this place a try during the Festival and was not disappointed. The quality of food was good, although the Coley was lovely, I did not realise that there were no potatoes/chips etc, which it really needed and was not offered this. There was a minor mix up with starters, but this aside, a very nice meal and experience.

1  Thank JennaEdinburgh
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went to Sylvesters for dinner before a fringe show. Both ordered burgers - I had veggie and my husband had the meat one. Neither were very good and I did not eat all of mine. rolls were dry. Starters were average and overall I was disappointed. we wont be returning.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place changed hands earlier in 2013 but it is still much the same as before - light and cheerful restaurant, charming service and a limited selection of snack type foods. The burger I ordered was good and the dessert was also good. We were admittedly there at festival time when everything is a bit different but would have appreciated more choice of dishes to order. Otherwise, it is a good place to stop off as we did a couple of times.

1  Thank UKandFrance
Reviewed August 18, 2013

as a party of 6 we were recommended by friends to book sylvesters .it is very well situated for festival venues.. we booked for 5pm and were greeted with a warm welcome, there was no rush to vacate our table after a lovely meal .. we were all impressed with the varied menu and quality and price ..we have all agreed to return and will have our xmas meal there without a doubt thanks to the food ambience and staff........

1  Thank joyce m