“Bit disappointed”
Review of Guerlain Spa

Guerlain Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Enter the world of Guerlain Spa, a haven of luxury and tranquility in one of Edinburgh’s most famous and historic hotels.Imbued with Guerlain’s world-renowned ethos of elegance and sophistication, this luxury Edinburgh spa echoes the glamour and prestige of its peerless Champs Elysées counterpart, with uniquely-tailored beauty and skincare experiences that draw on Guerlain’s long history of innovation and excellence.
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited the spa on an amazon voucher. Not easy to find spa initially as around the back of hotel. The spa is small and could not accommodate many people as changing room and pool area congested with 6 people. Only 6 seats around the pool so if towels left on seats there is nowhere to sit and relax around pool. Felt changing rooms could have done with good tidy as towels lying on floor plus floor very wet and slippy. Showers short of shampoo. Relaxing room pre and post massage lovely but only 3 beds so when fourth person arrived they had nowhere to relax. Massage good and staff very friendly. Were having afternoon tea and when we asked where to go were shown a van in distance in car park and told there was a door beside the van. Would have expected access through hotel. Enjoyed day but been to much better spas and there is a lot of competition in Edinburgh.

3  Thank gilly581
GuerlainSpa, Manager at Guerlain Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

We welcome your feedback at Guerlain Spa, as a new business, it is important to help us improve the overall guest experience. I will certainly look into the comments you have made and make some operational changes. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the massage treatment and that the staff were very friendly.

We hope to see you in the Guerlain Spa in the future.

Kind regards
Lynne Buckham
Guerlain Spa Director

Reviewed August 31, 2013

was a member of Livingwell club for around 15 years before it was taken over by Guerlain. I had sustained and injury and had a hip replacement at an early age so swimming was one of the few exercises I could do. Previous staff were excellent but new staff made it very clear from the off they didn't want to know me but I thought what the heck, didn't come for a chat ! Then I heard from another member that monthly fees were going up from £43 to £80, never received any official notification, so I asked a member of staff and they confirmed.I then cancelled my membership and never went back. 4 months later I discovered on receiving 6 monthly bank statement that they had continued to take monthly payments. Not only that they had also now increased to £110 per month, still never received any notification.Now to cut a long story short I have emailed them 8 times, made around 10 phone calls, every time I phone there is either no one in charge or the person on the phone doesn't know who's in charge. One person told me it was "a shambles" ! Still haven't received a reply to an email or a refund of the £350 they now owe me!Not a club I would recommend joining .

3  Thank honey h
GuerlainSpa, Manager at Guerlain Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I offer my deepest apologies from” Guerlain Spa” on reading your review, as we like to deliver a high level of customer service at the Spa and this is not how we would like our members to feel. I understand that during the transition from Livingwell to Guerlain that all members were given written notification of changes to the membership structure. If you did not receive this correspondence I can understand how you now feel. I would like to ensure that we will resolve this matter and that you receive the refund you are entitled to.

If I could ask you to contact me directly at the Spa I will be more than happy to ensure your case is dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Lynne Buckham
Spa Director

T: (44) 131 222 8837
E: Lynne.Buckham@waldorfastoria.com

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited the spa with my mum as a birthday treat on a visit home from Cyprus! I manage spas as a living and currently manage a 7 star spa in Dubai, so I have a lot of spa experience to compare this to! This pamper day was exceptional the customer service and overall experience from start to finish was second to none and by far the best spa experience I have had in Europe! Well done to all at guerlain spa for the unique touches and personal service! we will be back! Warm regards lauren and maz!

2  Thank Miss_Spa_1985
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Three of us got the offer through spa breaks which included a light lunch, full use of facilities, robes and slippers, foot bath, facial and full body massage!

The lunch was light but lovely and the staff were lovely and there was a harpist playing which was nice.

The pool, sauna and steam room were empty so we had it to ourselves which was great. The changing room had hair dryers and straighteners which was fab.

Our fragrance journey was a nice touch and the staff were brilliant and couldn't recommend enough! We even got a glass of champagne after our treatments in the relaxation room which was a very nice end to a brilliant day!

Would highly recommend a visit - our lunch was at 2pm and our treatments were at 3:45pm this meant we had the facilities to ourselves as its quieter later on in he day.

1  Thank Louise M
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Myself and my girlfriends recently had a spa day the Guerlain Spa for my birthday. We got a great deal through Spa breaks which included, drinks on arrival, complimentary robes and slippers (best robes we had ever had!) We were then asked to wait in the relaxation room (which i know all 3 of us could of fallen asleep in). All of us got 1 hour personal treatment which included, fragrance journey, back shoulder & neck massage, foot scrub and a facial. I have never felt so relaxed and comfortable in my life. While each of us were having our treatments, we all had full access to the facilities, pool, sauna, steam room and fitness room, this was a great way to relax and unwind. The place had a sense of exclusivity as we had the place to ourselves pretty much the entire day. Trisha (our beauty therapist) was brilliant, she was polite, easy going and made us all feel comfortable and important on our first ever spa day. On top of this we also had an Afternoon Tea included in the Peacock Alley, we were escorted over by the Spa Manager which gave us another special and exclusive feel to the experience. Where we were sat in the most beautiful relaxed atmosphere we had ever experienced. Andrew our waiter was very polite, personable and made us laugh. The Afternoon tea was the best i had ever tasted and did not leave us hungry! My friend who is gluten free, was expecting something minimal but she was not disappointed as she received her best gluten free meal to date!! I cannot recommend this spa day enough, i believe we got better value for money, not just because of what was included but the staff and facilities made the day! I would 100% come back here again and will compare all future spa days with this one! If you want a relaxed, comfortable and exclusive experience this is the place to go! Trust me!

2  Thank Justine H