“Best Chinese Restaurant in Edinburgh!”

Xanadu Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,058 of 2,628 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Xanadu Chinese Restaurant is located in Edinburgh's Dalziel place, and offers delicious and authentic Cantonese cuisine. The dining room – with sky blue walls, crisp white linen tablecloths and dark wooden Oriental furniture – has a happy and vibrant atmosphere and is always busy with a young, sophisticated crowd. Xanadu's menu, created by experienced chef and restaurateur Colin Chiu, features classic Chinese dishes such as deep fried fillet of fish served with pears, pine seeds and sweet and sour sauce; fillet of beef Cantonese style served on a sizzling platter; and Xanadu's signature traditional Peking duck and Lobster Noodles with ginger and spring onions.
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I always miss authentic Asian foods, one of them is Cantonese cusine.

I could not believe when my Taiwanese friends told me there is a restaurant that cooks authentic Cantonese food!!!

We came here to eat, it was amazingly good!!! It was Authentic!

If you thinking to have the real Cantonese cuisine experience, this is the place to be. Ask for the menu for Chinese people or pre-book the authentic Chinese Meal. Sure make you say WOW!!!!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time at this place,came across it by accident.The outside definetly does,nt prepare you for the excellent service and food inside .the evening special was great value for money ,freshly prepared food and great tasting .Nest time we go to edinburgh we,ll be going back and not by accident .would highly recommend

6  Thank Derisory
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It is refreshing to be able to go into a chinese restaurant in the evening and have a set meal at a very competitive price two courses £10.50 or 3 courses £12.00. I must say that you do need to see past the torn faced front of house though, they really do need to go on a course and learn how to smile :-). I do think that some people would be turned off by the glumness of the owner and staff and not even order, do they not realise that a smile is free and makes you feel welcome? That aside the food is fantastic so brush up on your welcome and get a 5***** review next time.

1  Thank BTDEdinburgh
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Okay, that might sound a tad dramatic, but trust me when I say I've eaten crab meat and sweetcorn at many of the most popular Chinese restaurants and this is the first I've had that actually has real crab instead of seafood/crab sticks. The mains were all also delicious, in fact I don't really have anything bad to say about this place. Don't hesitate to eat here, you definitely won't regret it. My new favourite Chinese restaurant.

1  Thank roryrozza
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was my second visit to Xanadu and it was again impressive. The food is very good and very good value. We had a starter and main course for three and a bottle of wine for about £45. The service was efficient and the evening enjoyable.

1  Thank tripaway098