“FORBES 2013”

China Town Restaurant - Edinburgh
Ranked #415 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Description: This award-winning Cantonese restaurant on Atholl Place stands out on the Edinburgh restaurant scene for its chic dining room and contemporary cuisine. China Town is renowned for its sleek interior – which features chocolate brown walls decorated with antique Chinese musical instruments, silk curtains and LED lights. Popular for stylish parties, formal family get-togethers and special celebrations, China Town has earned an excellent reputation for its innovative cuisine. Seafood dishes are the kitchen's specialty, and you can order scallops, sea bass and halibut steamed with garlic and spring onions or stir-fried with black bean sauce. Head Chef Thomas Chan is happy to create bespoke dishes on request, and his acclaimed menu is complimented by a diverse wine list.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“FORBES 2013”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great restaurant,good food excellent staff.Have had Xmas lunch here for two years and was excellent menu and fantastic price especially fo Xmas.Will always go back here.

2 Thank blinking11

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“China Town”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am a regular at China Town both take away and dine in. The food...what can I say, the freshness makes it the best in town by a country mile with the eat in experience worth an extra few pounds!. Everyone from the owners to the staff are lovely, the service is excellent and the choice of wine is of a high quality.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank Perro1971
Inverness
“Food OK, Service disinterested, Decor impressive.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First off I was feeling ill when I ate here so maybe didn't enjoy it as I might.

Food I thought was good but average. There was nothing too stand out but then I did play safe with lemon chicken! The serving dishes and presentation did have a cut above average image.

The decor is very nice and tasteful. It you wanted somewhere for a date to impress then this would do the business.

Value - slightly more expensive but given its location and ambience I'd say its OK.

I was a little irritated by the complete disinterested attitude of the serving staff. I like a little bit of a welcome and interest in how your meal is going. I can't say I was not looked after but there was a coolness I personally don't like. I only call it as I find it on a quiet sunday night.

Would I eat here again? Nothing against it but nothing much for it either.

1 Thank Will_HInverness
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant and fantastic staff.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Me and my boyfriend visited this weekend and we absolutely loved the restaurant. There was a lovely atmosphere and the staff where very friendly and attentive. There was a good wine list and a varied menu. We had many appetizers instead of a starter and main and everything tasted fantastic. I can highly recommend the paper prawns and the sui mai. Some people have mentioned a wait on food, but we did not experience this and we will defiantly be returning.

1 Thank sarahelizabeth112
here
“Chinese in Scotland!?”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Loved the restaurant!
Even when the place was full the service was always available, didn't have to wave and shout.
The food is amazing, everything from seafood to pork was delicious, personally I recommend the pork or beef.
If you get the need for chinese in the middle of edinburgh this is the place to go.

• Visited September 2012