“Free Tour”

Edinburgh Old Town Pub Crawl
Ranked #1 of 211 Nightlife in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best Tours in Edinburgh City! Free Walking Tours, Craft Tours, Bike Tours… We combine ecologically friendly tourism with social responsibility to give back to our beloved city of Edinburgh what offers to us. Come check out City of Edinburgh with us!
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I enjoyed this free tour of Edinburgh last September with my parents and some friends. The tour guide, called Jordi, was very nice and it was so funny. I did it again in December with my partner. The tour guide, called Oier, was very sympathetic and we learnt a lot about the city.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,786)

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Unfortunately, we were only in Edinburgh for three days, or I would have taken advantage of more of these tours. The tour was incredible, fun, engaging, and informative. Our tour guide was dynamic and shared historical stories, as well as legends. Seriously amazing, must do!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is the pay-what-you-want walking tour - I had seen these offered before but with what I felt were limited hours in other towns I had been in, I hadn't gone on one til now. I guess it is sort of luck of the draw who your guide is, but at the end of the day, if these guys aren't working hard, they aren't getting paid, so perhaps they are just extra motivated to be awesome.
Either way, I don't think you can shoehorn that kind of enthusiasm and affable-ness into a person - our guide Ben was an absolute joy. Properly Scottish through and through, he had many yarns to spin, gripes about how inaccurate Braveheart is, suggestions for furthering our Scottish experience, and loads of good cheer and chitchat for everyone on the large group. I took this tour about one hour after I arrived in Edinburgh and it was a great way to get a good cross section of the old town history, get your bearings, and get some ideas for further adventures in the city. To boot, when you go on a tour with them, you get discounts at a couple associated pubs.

As luck would have it, they were in the process of launching a new whisky tasting tour that week as well - it was a paid tour but we could sign up for it at a significant discount in exchange for giving them some feedback on how the tour was run. That tour could use a bit of work but is also pretty cool - they have some other tours too. Castle tours and haunted tours - lots to keep you busy. But definitely recommend this free walking tour. We interacted with other guides at the start of the tour, and of course you see them leading their groups all over town every day and it looks like for the most part, this contingent is pretty well-stocked with killer guides. But... our guide was amazing!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a nice experience. The guide was from Australia although he knew a lot about the Scottish history! Definitely the best way you could get introduced to the city!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was my first walking tour experience (I've always been nervous about them), but I can guarantee that I will do another tour in the future, preferably with this same company. My guide Kiel was entertaining, welcoming, and just plain awesome. I learned so much more from the couple of hours we spent with him, than I would have ever learned by myself. The history of Edinburgh was presented in a way that made me feel like I could relate to it, and I appreciated the city more because of that. Highly recommended!