“Now taken these tours in five cities”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe
Walking Tour of Edinburgh's New Town
Ranked #1 of 211 Nightlife in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best Tours in Edinburgh City! Free Walking Tours, Craft Tours, Bike Tours… We combine ecologically friendly tourism with social responsibility to give back to our beloved city of Edinburgh what offers to us. Come check out City of Edinburgh with us!
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Sandemans produces a good product, no question about it.

I think Andy was our guide on this tour, but regardless, I'd continue to recommend any of the Sandeman's tours to anyone remotely interested in history, off-the-wall facts, or just general information.

I will say that some of this tour seemed rather scripted, and they should consider where they recommend for lunch. At the end of the grass market, there is a little place called Café Jacques. It's the "recommended" place to go grab a snack during the break of the tour. Well, there were four of us that went in the cafe, which wasn't THAT busy... I ordered first, then the other three. Long story short, it took them so long to make our food that I had to RUN (quite a ways) to catch up with the tour, and I never saw the other three again.

Sandeman's should either stop recommending Café Jacques, have longer breaks, instruct the tour guides to ensure everyone is back with the group, or tell Café Jacques to make their food faster.

Overall, the tour was good, as always. I still think Prague was my favorite, but Edinburgh was good!

Write a ReviewReviews (15,278)
All reviews
"pub crawl"
in 73 reviews
"great introduction"
in 71 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 123 reviews
in 82 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 70 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent guide Neale, learnt lots about the past, present and possible future of Edinburgh. Very informative talking clear amongst the bustle of the Fringe. Tour lasts 2.5 hours and is an excellent way to walk around and learn at the same time.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had the chance to be guided by Chris for the Edinburgh Tour and it was some of the best hours spent during my hole two months trip! He is really energetic and passionate about history and anecdotes (most of them really interesting, educative and funny at the same time!), so history lovers like me will just LOVE that tour with Chris! It was not too long, not too short, just perfect!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Don't miss this tour. The tour was 3 hrs but I wished it would go for longer. Our guide was Andy and he was very knowledgeable about the history of Edinburgh. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jane O