“A brilliant fun and educational experience”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Edinburgh
Edinburgh Old Town Pub Crawl
Ranked #1 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best Tours in Edinburgh City! Free Walking Tours, Craft Tours, Bike Tours… We combine ecologically friendly tourism with social responsibility to give back to our beloved city of Edinburgh what offers to us. Come check out City of Edinburgh with us!
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Doing the free tour is a good way of bringing the City of Edinburgh to life and making the most of your city experience. Our guide was Eion O'Reilly (pronounced Owen) and he certainly knew his stuff. He was animated and knowledgeble and drew our attention to things and places that we would most certainly have just walked past. I would recommend this tour to anyone. It is a 3 hour tour and is free but naturally the guides depend on gratuities. All I can say that it is worth every penny and the guides deserve every penny that they get. There is 20 minute break where you can get refreshments and use the bathroom, which is ideal.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,302)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I used to work for a tour operator, and worked with Sandemans quite frequently on our tours. I have probably been on 20+ Sandemans city tours in most of their cities. This by far was the best. Fiona was amazing - which was expected as I had her as my guide for a few of my groups in Paris, and she rocked it there. I recommend this to every single person, of all ages, to go on, and learn about this amazing city.

1  Thank mlaporta2008
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very enjoyable tour of the city, our guide Chris shared his passion for history during a good 3 hours, with instructive and fun anecdotes, highly recommanded! His speech was also clear for people whose mother tongue is not english (as long as you have a good enough general level of course).
The tour is free and your guide is payed on a tip basis, which I find a good thing : you really pay for what you get (but don't be stingy!)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Two of us participated in the free walking tour; our tour guide was Izzy. Oh my gosh she was hilarious and made the tour so enjoyable! We didn't even notice that it was a three hour tour! Izzy kept us laughing the entire time and kept throwing out information about the city; it was amazing. everyone needs to go do this tour because it is worth the time and IT'S FREE?! And who doesn't like free?!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friend and I did both the free tour and the paid ghost tour with Kiel. He was amazing - he was very passionate and extremely informed about Scottish history. We were pretty impressed with the way he made the city so interesting. I definitely recommend both tours - you learn a lot and have heaps of fun whilst doing so! would do again. The ghost tour in particular was much fun and thrilling, an excellent way to learn about Scotland's grisly past.