“excellent! :)”

Edinburgh Old Town Pub Crawl
Ranked #1 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best Tours in Edinburgh City! Free Walking Tours, Craft Tours, Bike Tours… We combine ecologically friendly tourism with social responsibility to give back to our beloved city of Edinburgh what offers to us. Come check out City of Edinburgh with us!
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great tour of this beautiful city, very informative, highly entertaining thanks to our very friendly guide, James!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

With only a couple of days to spend in the City what better way to see some of the sights, learn some of the history and discover some of the hidden cut throughs, than to go on a walking tour? Having researched in various options, including on Trip Advisor, we plumped for the Sandeman's Tour and having pre-booked online we weren't disappointed. Although the tour is free, you are asked to provide a tip at the end of the tour to reflect the value (over the full 3 hours including a 20 min break in a hostelry) and all credit to them there is absolutely no pressure in this respect. It was mentioned once at the start and once at the end. The group was 24 strong and our guide Eoin was excellent. He was very fluent, knowledgeable, fun and very engaging, chatting with people as he went around as well as doing the "official bit". Definitely worth doing the tour, as you will always leave feeling as if you have had good value and everyone stayed the course.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

It's a 3 hours tour with guides who do their best to please you - absolutely good value! I only had one day in Edinburgh and without this Tour I wouldn't have known where to go or even less about the history. Thanks Eoin!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I took two tours with Edinburgh free tours. My first was the traditional walking tour during the day, and I liked that so much I did the paid Ghost tour at night. The free walking tour during the day was amazing. Ellie was the most informative tour guide I have ever had. Not only did we see all of the sites in the city, but because she had lived in the city and given tours for quite some time, she knew so much. There was absolutely no way we could have learned even a fraction of what we learned on our own. It was especially great to get a local perspective rather than just reading plaques at a museum all day, on my own. She introduced us to restaurants and extra sites we should do to after the tour, that pertained to our particular interests. I couldn't have been happier. I learned so much from her that I was able to use my experience as part of a paper for school. The Ghost tour with Andy was also wonderful. Both of the guides were personable and fun despite the fact that it was miserably cold. The ghost tour was informational in a creepy way and came with free beer! I definitely recommend this.

Mark Q, Customer Care and Feedback at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Free Tour AND the Ghost Tour, all that's missing was the pub crawl. Glad you had a great time Katie. Thanks for sharing.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a tour with Fiona, and she was really funny, and gave us lots of information about the city.
She really likes the city and you can tell from how she talks about it, that is the best way to visit a city !
Thanks a lot Fiona !

Well done Fiona. It's easy to know your own city so well, you take it for granted. That's why we only work with the most passionate guides around, so that you get the chance to see the city through the eyes of somebody who is bursting with enthusiasm for the place.