“Will be Back”
Review of Leven's - CLOSED

Leven's
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bruntsfield
Scotland
“Will be Back”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent Thai experience.
Relaxed atmosphere.
No rush.
Toilets spotless and modern.
What else can I say except only problem parking so better to go by bus or taxi.

• Visited September 2013

Dingwall, United Kingdom
“Good business lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I'd been to Leven's for dinner a couple of times both of which we're good. I work with 10 minutes on the restaurant and thought I'd try it for lunch with clients. I've been there for lunch twice now - both good. There are not many places in this part of Edinburgh for good business lunches, this is one of them - I'll be back.

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hands down the best Thai restaurant in Edinburgh”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is my favourite Thai restaurant in Edinburgh without a doubt and has knocked time 4 Thai off the top spot. The food is excellent and they provide large portions (however it still leaves you wanting more). Presentation is excellent and staff are friendly and helpful and not in your face.

We ate there in January 2013 to celebrate my mother's 60th and everyone thought the food was amazing.

They make a home made ice cream there and it is frozen perfection. They did a crab dish as a starter that was phenomenal too.

The decor is modern, bright and fresh. Not like time 4 Thai which is poorly lit.

I am dying to go back to have some more.

The price was reasonable too for the standard and quality of food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Fraser M
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Again, superb service and delicious food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our third time here ... it's become a staple on any trip to Edinburgh.

As always, we were welcomed with the customary charming greeting and shown to our table without delay. Coats were hung up, and napkins placed on our laps. Unfortunately, they were in the process of revamping their menu, so several items weren't available, but we easily found substitutes for our favourites. Thai prawn crackers on the table provided a welcome snack with drinks as we ordered.

I opted for the Thai beef salad, followed by the Red Thai Curry. One daughter had crispy sea bass salad (delicious) while the other had the spring rolls. Couldn't fault my curry, and my daughter also enjoyed her prawn dish, though my younger daughter found the green curry a little too spicy for her palate. Everything was freshly made and utterly delicious.

We had a bottle of rose wine, very reasonably priced at £14.95, which was soft, fruity, but just the right side of dry, plus many more soft drinks. For four, our bill came to just over £120, which I felt was very reasonable. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate of the pre-theatre menu. Great value for money. Will defiantly recommend this place to people. The only thing was the waiter was a little keen, with pouring drink and hovering, but otherwise a really nice tasty meal.

• Visited August 2013