“Can only say, amazing like always.”
Review of The Granary

The Granary
Ranked #837 of 3,024 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of trendy Leith, The Granary offers the perfect mix of hearty food, quality drinks and live entertainment. The Granary's atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Colourful rugs soften its wooden floors, whilst replica barn doors and old-fashioned kitchen utensils add an interesting twist. Boasting both charm and comfort, this space is ideal for mingling with friends, intimate dinners or private celebrations. Customers can enjoy live music every Wednesday to Saturday night in a relaxed atmosphere. A large mezzanine level and ground floor dining room divide the space into two stylish but homely compartments. As for the menu, the Granary's signature dish, the classic Chicken Balmoral, is certainly not one to look past. Although Scottish inspired, the menu moves far beyond just traditional meals. Desserts of particular note are the Cheesecake of the day and the Equis Scottish tablet ice cream. Free wifi is also available, ideal for those working lunch breaks or a simple nosey on Facebook. Numerous bus routes run directly from the Granary to the city centre, this making transport a breeze. Ample free on street parking is also available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not surprised by any chances, friends recommended to me and it was a blast. Sure thing we'll be back there..

Date of visit: September 2019
GranaryLeith, Manager at The Granary, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Igor,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a great feedback.

Peter

Write a reviewReviews (985)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Myself and some friends had dinner here as we were recommended by some other friends it was excellent from the second we arrived from the greeting we received to being seated our waiter was very attentive then the food arrived and it was exceptional the manager stopped by for a chat to ensure we were well looked after and everyone was so friendly to say the very least the bill was very reasonable and we're definitely coming back

Date of visit: September 2019
GranaryLeith, Manager at The Granary, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Nick B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

We are glad you found both the service and food excellent as it is something that we are working very hard on and take pride in.

We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thanks

Reviewed September 13, 2019

I was at the granary for dinner and drinks with a group of friends, glad to see friendly staff (Peter was really nice to us) and being served delicious food for a good price and with a casual atmosphere... live music was great too! Would definitely recommend this :)

Date of visit: September 2019
GranaryLeith, Manager at The Granary, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi savannahwildd,

Thank you for taking time to leave us your such a positive feedback.
I am happy we could meet your expectations here at The Granary. I will pass your comment to our lovely team.
We do have live music every Friday and Saturday night plus every Sunday from 16.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Went to the granary tonight for the pub quiz and dinner. The bar staff were good, very prompt and friendly. The food however was probably below substandard. Had the crispy polenta and it was all under seasoned stodge and a really bland side salad. I probably wouldn’t expect to pay half the price for what I received. My husband had the burger, which he’s had a number of times before, and it just looked bland (and it apparently was).
Have had some really good food from here in the past and tonight was just a real disappointment.

Date of visit: September 2019
GranaryLeith, Manager at The Granary, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Hi Kristy,

I happy to read you find our staff as good and friendly, however I am regret to hear that you had a negative experience with food choices, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me, so I can work on a resolution. You can phone us on 0131 5549465, or direct to me on piotrnasciuk@granaryleith.co.uk, at your earliest convenience and I will do the best to resolve this with you and restore a good faith in our restaurant.

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback and we hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

I really enjoyed my late afternoon lunch with friends in the Granary. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Huge thanks to Peter for the great advise on food and drinks! We’ll be back fo sure!

Hi Magdalena

I am glad we could help out.
If there is anything else what I can do for you please do no hesitate to give us a call or just pop in.

Hope to be out of service again in near future.

Piotr Nasciuk