“Great service and great steak”

The McKirdy's Steakhouse
Ranked #254 of 2,628 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed April 20, 2014

They were very busy on Good Friday but accommodated our party of eighth even when three of us were planning on just having drinks and sides.
The steaks were excellent. The waiter very patiently explained the different steaks and what the options char grilled or pan fried meant. Many locals were eating there and waiting to come in which must mean it has a good reputation. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We went here to celebrate my husbands birthday. I picked it purely on the good reviews it had and we werent disappointed! My husband and I really enjoyed our meals and the kids cleared their plates. The service was good and it was great value. Will definetly be back.

1  Thank shircam
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was a great find in Edinburgh, a genuine Scottish Restaurant with great service and food. My wife had a rack of lamb and I had the line trout - both were very tasty!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is an old favourite. Went to celebrate a friends birthday tonight. A relaxed atmosphere with quality steak. What else do you want?

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We made a dinner reservation at 8 o'clock, but when we got there the tabel was not yet free. The owner did not Care, and said we were welcome to find another place, they could at least have called me, or sent a message....dont go there! They dont Care about there customers.

2  Thank Peter H