“Great concept”

The McKirdy's Steakhouse
Ranked #183 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West End
Westcott, United Kingdom
“Great concept”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Great idea to have a butchers linked to a restaurant. These guys know their meat! The haggis was fabulous, personally prepared by one of the owners. My t-bone wasn't quite right so I didn't finish it. Didn't mention it but they asked why and then have a free dessert, took the steak and wine off the bill. Amazing service! My colleagues filet was amazing. These guys sure care about getting the best out of their kitchen. If you love your meat and are in Edinburgh pay them a visit .

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Hungry for Haggis”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat, nice staff and food is excellent. Needs to be more McKirdy's restaurants around. We loved it!.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed in Edinburgh for the weekend and found this lovely steakhouse by chance. Food was beautiful, staff very attentive and welcoming. Wish this gem of a restaurant was closer to home.

Kilmarnock
“Not disppointed”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Looked at reviews before deciding to book this restaurant. Lots of comments about the friendly staff and how welcoming it is. If I am honest, didn't find this on our visit but this didn't spoil our meal. Think they were busy with larger parties but didn't find the staff chatty or eager to please. The food was fine, steak was well cooked to my liking and portion size was fine. Steak chips were a little undercooked but could manage to eat most of them. I wouldn't say I wouldn't go back and I would say to others to give it a try.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“What a Find”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I knew I was going to Edinburgh in December 2013 so I wanted to find a place that did steak due to my being a steak lover. Well! After a little research on the internet I found McKirdy's Steakhouse, checked a few reviews and booked the table. It did not disappoint, great staff, and food beyond reproach, now I am not normally beaten by the amount on the plate but I was at McKirdy's, if you want to have any extras then just order one portion of each as you will not make it. But there again, the starters are very filling so maybe give the starter a miss but if you have a big appetite then go for it, you will not be disappointed. The 16oz T Bone steak was to die for, beautifully tender, succulent, cooked to the way you like it and some. My wife had the fillet and she was pleased as punch, the best steak dinner she had anywhere, she states. Now! I always say you get what you pay for and in this case you do. For me and the one who must be obeyed £90.00 for two course meal with drinks presented in this fashion, well prepared, well presented and so tasty to boot then you ain’t gonna go wrong at McKirdy’s. So! When in Edinburgh, give it a try, you will not be hungry when you leave that’s for sure. My only little critique would be that it is not posh inside, a bit rustic and plain but it does not retract anything from the food. A well done to the staff and the chef, made my night.