“Disappointed by poor food and service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Brig - CLOSED

The Brig
Cuisines: British, American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Brig Restaurant & Bar is a wonderful place to stop and enjoy a warm and welcoming atmosphere with quality food. Here you can enjoy a meal or just relax with a coffee and watch the world go by. The Brig is the first restaurant as you enter Edinburgh from the Forth Road Bridge on the A90 heading south, located on the East side of Queensferry Road, Edinburgh. A convenient stop for business or pleasure with complimentary Wi-Fi available for our clients. Ample free parking is readily available on the premises. The restaurant’s name derives from its location in the north-west corner of the city at the mouth of the River Almond where it enters the Firth of Forth. The connection to the river permeates throughout the business, from the architectural details to the wine list! The Brig has attracted a loyal clientèle drawn to the superb food, fine wines & beers and the hospitality of its staff. The Brig Restaurant and Bar is passionate about its work and its associations not only with quality local food producers and suppliers but also with the wider local communities of Barnton & Cramond.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Disappointed by poor food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ate here for dinner on a Saturday. Service was really slow, food took ages to arrive and when it did, they apologised because there had been a mix up- could have let us know earlier. Food was undercooked and not properly hot. Pudding was disappointing. Overall not a good experience, won't be going back in a hurry.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank A M

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

First impressions of the Brig, very stylish and a nice aura about it. Visited with family who have been before and I have to say wasn't disappointed. There were 8 of us in total and we were seated in the Almond Lounge with plenty of room. Waitress very good, drinks ordered and at table quickly. After putting in food orders the waitress came to ask if we would like my daughters food brought before everyone else being as she was the youngest (7) and save her waiting-a nice gesture in my opinion. The rest of the food came no more than 5 minutes after and we were not disappointed. Everything was piping hot and tasted divine, no complaints from anyone. The food was so good we all had puddings as well which were wonderful, especially the dark chocolate tart! Good choice of beers and wines (although tad pricey!)
All in all, food very good value for money and next time back in Edinburgh visiting family wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Stylish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Brig is modern and stylish. If I'm unlucky enough to get a table in the middle of the room I don't relax but if I get a table in one of the booths it's more pleasant. I find the food is sometimes good other times average but I'm not expecting gourmet here. Overall it's a pleasant place to have dinner.

• Visited October 2013
Whitburn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

i went to the cramond brig with my girlfriend as we have been before and OMG.

we arrived at 2 on Saturday lunch and the staff where really friendly and lovely as soon as we walk though the doors. We where told we need to wait 10 minutes before we could be seated at ower table but we where offered if we would like some drinks as we waited in the lounge which we gladly said yes to. I think 10 minutes must of passed really quick because ower table was ready only minutes after we just got ower drinks.as soon as we looked at the menu again unbelievable a new menu new food we was spoiled on what to get felt like we where king and queen of the world.my girlfriend had the pasta which she said was to die for and i had the beef checks something new for myself and im so glad I got them unbelievable tasty. then I must say for dessert the cream brulie is one of the best things I have tasted in like ever.

I would go back in a heart beat and believe everyone should go and try what we did cause it worth every penny and I can only hope they keep this up

Fife Scotland
“Poor service from harassed staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lunch on Sunday was very poor value for money. The food was very average but the service and attitude of the staff was terrible.

A poor venue for Sunday lunch and for families.

Avoid.