“Great meal!”
Review of The Brig - CLOSED

The Brig
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Brig Restaurant & Bar is a wonderful place to stop and enjoy a warm and welcoming atmosphere with quality food. Here you can enjoy a meal or just relax with a coffee and watch the world go by. The Brig is the first restaurant as you enter Edinburgh from the Forth Road Bridge on the A90 heading south, located on the East side of Queensferry Road, Edinburgh. A convenient stop for business or pleasure with complimentary Wi-Fi available for our clients. Ample free parking is readily available on the premises. The restaurant’s name derives from its location in the north-west corner of the city at the mouth of the River Almond where it enters the Firth of Forth. The connection to the river permeates throughout the business, from the architectural details to the wine list! The Brig has attracted a loyal clientèle drawn to the superb food, fine wines & beers and the hospitality of its staff. The Brig Restaurant and Bar is passionate about its work and its associations not only with quality local food producers and suppliers but also with the wider local communities of Barnton & Cramond.
“Great meal!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a lovely pub/restaurant! Had a super meal and met some lovely people. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend!

Visited June 2013

“Second chance...won't be back!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited the Cramond Brigg for the second time after my graduation. We had visited last year as a party of 13 and found the food good, but the service very slow. Not one to be stuck on first impressions we returned to give the local Cramond Brigg another try. Service really slow again, this time there was only six of us and the place wasn't busy. Food wasn't very good either, with the steak resembling a small burnt burger! Won't be back, gave it another go and even more dissapointed this time around.

Camberley
“I am not one of your 'guys'!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have eaten here many times and have been fortunate to have an excellent meals served by friendly staff. My only bugbear is that on every ocassion the staff kept making reference to us as 'guys'. On one lunch date with my mother, she aslo commented on being referred to as 'guys'. I am not 'one of the guys', I do not know you and I do not want to be one of your guys. Less familiarity would go a long way.

1 Thank Ian E
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent service, food, atmosphere and staff!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am actually shocked this place has received bad reviews, I personally rate it as one of the best places I have eaten this year in Edinburgh!
My boyfriend and myself decided to go on a spur of the moment thing on Sunday 16th (Fathers Day), as it was a sunny day and they have outside seating.
When we arrived, we were greeted by friendly and smiling members of staff, had a drinks orders taken quickly and politely, (£7.90 for two pints.. not too bad!)
We were given food menus and sat outside - outside is lovely. When I went up to order food, an older man (presumably the owner?) pointed out a member of staff that would take my order at another part of the bar as their was a few people waiting to place food orders.
The gentleman was really nice and chatty, telling me that they have regular BBQ's on Sunday's and nice little bits and bobs. The young boy that served me was polite and friendly. When I was ordering a women (possibly an owner too? Was blonde & wearing a white summer dress) told me that there might be up to a 40 minute wait because everythings cooked fresh & it was Fathers Day, which I said was fine. Food bill was £20.90, which isn't too bad for two peoples food, I don't think?
Food arrived after roughly 20 minutes (so quicker than we thought)! I had a chicken ceasar salad, boyfriend had haggis, neeps & tatties (which comes out looking amazing in 3 sections in a line!), and a portion of homemade onion rings.
Food was all fresh, tasty and definately home made - onions rings were amazing!
Everything was lovely, I genuinely couldn't think of anything negative to say about the place!
5*'s definately, and I will definately be returning!
Anyone that says the food is tasteless, your probably a Maccies regular.
Anyone that says the staff are rude, I expect your a stuck up snob!

Excellent! :)

Auchtermuchty, United Kingdom
“Lovely Traditional 'no frills' pub”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The pub is comfortable and 'unfussy' most unlike the standard modern fabricated places nowadays.
The beer was excellent and the Cabernet Sauvignon was reportedly good.
The food was somewhat lacking, we ate at 1.30pm on Fathers Day, the place was fairly empty and quiet. We both had Roast Beef - this cannot be recommended unless it is to repair a pair of shoes !!!!! it was tough and lacking in taste, the Yorkshire pudding was crispy to say the least and the weird piece of stuffing was dried up, at just under £ 8 each this was a tragedy ( I was not paying so did not kick up a fuss).
I have been to this establishment about 5 times in the last 30 years and would not go back and have the beef again !!!