“Lovely meal and good service”
Review of Sabor Criollo

Sabor Criollo
Ranked #684 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Latin, Venezuelan, Central American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Lovely meal and good service”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I really enjoyed the meal we had a Sabor Criollo - very pleasant service from the charming waitress and food that we both really enjoyed. I can particularly recommend the Fried Cassava as a starter and the Pabellón criollo main - even if I'm not sure I can still pronounce it correctly!

We had a good bottle of wine, 3 course dinner with coffee for two (with me having a liqueur as well) all for about £55 - which is excellent value.

I suspect we will be back!

• Visited August 2014

Glasgow
“Just hit the spot!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I love this kind of food and this restaurant is amazing. Simple flavoursome food that does exactly what it should. I cleared my plate! Nothing fancy about this place as it's all in the cooking.
Very decent prices, great friendly service.

• Visited August 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“My favourite place for a meal with friends and family”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have visited sabor criollo a few times now and cannot recommend the restaurant more. I am a huge fan of South American food and have loved every course I have had here! Prices are reasonable and service exceptional -staff are very friendly and helpful.

I have been with my partner and with my family, and the atmosphere is great for both types of visit. My Mum in particular enjoyed our meal as the intimate, friendly atmosphere means that as a diner you are put at ease and can really relax and enjoy your meal.

• Visited April 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great wee place, great wee waitress. ”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Really lovely wee Venezuelan restaurant. We had 2 starters (ham and cheese croquettes and beef nachos, with sour cream, guacamole etc), 2 mains (steak and very sizzling! beef fajitas) & bottle of wine for £45. Great value. The steak came with gorgeous homemade chips, a personal favourite! And our Venezuelan waitress (Jastani) was absolutely delightful.

2 Thank Russell H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fresh, friendly and good value”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Gluten free options, friendly staff, food made to order. Cool location. Definitely recommend. We were there with our kids who are 4 and 6

1 Thank IanMorrison